GT5 GT5 Time Trials Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTPromo.jpg

The question of who the fastest drivers are in the GT5 community is soon to be answered! There's no opposition and no excuses here. It's just you and your machine versus the track.

The time trials will be open to all RaceDepartment members, both licensed and unlicensed. The only requirement to take part is that you own a copy of GT5 and abide by the specific restrictions imposed by the TT. Events will run on a variety of tracks but will make use of GT5's borrow feature to ensure that everyone uses the exact same car with the exact same upgrades. The cars will be supplied by yours truly.

The prize given to the winner will vary but may include items such as cars, helmets, suits and paints, or the choice of car/track for a Club racing event. And of course, you'll win the respect of your fellow drivers. :)

Above you can see a little hint of the car and track that will be used for the first TT event. Stay tuned!

TT%2525206%252520-%252520Photo.jpg

Car: Mini Cooper 1.3i '98
Track: London
Tyres: Sports Hard
Tuning: Yes

Driving Aids: All Off / ABS 1 maximum
Tyre/Fuel Depletion: Off
Grip Reduction: Real
Mechanical Damage: Off

Availability: 17th January 2012 - 31st January 2012

1st Prize

The prize on offer for this TT is a brand new McLaren MP4-12C '10! It comes will every available upgrade, a complete aero package, and a full set of tyres.

TT%2525206%252520-%252520Prize.jpg

Bonus Prize

As a 'thank you' for taking part in the event, there will be a bonus prize awarded to one of the top ten drivers between 2nd and 10th. The driver will be picked by a random number generator. So, even if you don't make 1st place there is still a chance to win a prize!

Separator.png

Rules
  • You must run the TT in Practice => A-Spec Free Run, available from the GT Life screen.
  • You must only use the car made available by the event organiser via GT5's borrow feature.
  • You must not swap any of the upgrade parts. The parts on the car when borrowed are the ones that must be used.
  • If tuning is allowed then you may tweak the settings of parts. If tuning is not allowed then they must be left as they are.
  • Two wheels must remain on the track at all times. Cutting corners or using run-offs will result in disqualification.
  • You must save a replay of your best lap for verification in case you win the event. No replay = No prizes.

How to Enter

The GT5 TTs are open to all RaceDepartment members, both licensed and unlicensed. The first thing you will need to do is add me to your friends list. My PSN ID is Goffik. When you send the request, please put 'RD GT5 TT' in the message so that I know who you are. You may need to do this for each TT regardless of whether you have taken part before, as I will be clearing my list after every event.

Once done and in GT5, click on 'Profile' and then click on my avatar. At the bottom of the screen below my B-Spec drivers, you will see the car required for the TT. Click on it and then click the 'borrow' button. You now have the car and are almost ready to go! What you do next depends on the track being used:

Regular Track: Click on 'Practice' and then 'A-Spec Free Run'. Selecting the required track will bring up the options menu (driving aids, etc), which must be set up according the the event restrictions detailed above. Click OK, wait for the track to load, and then burn some rubber!

Custom Track: Click on 'Profile' and then click on my avatar. On the menu to the left, click the 'Track List' button. You will now see the track required for the TT. Click on it and then click the 'Download' button. Once complete (it only takes a few seconds), return to the GTHome screen and select your own 'Track List' button. Set the track you just downloaded as a favourite. From here on you follow the same procedure as for Regular Tracks above, and the custom track will appear under the 'My Tracks' tab.

When you are done running laps, do not forget to click on the 'Save Best Lap Replay' button! This is very important as a replay will be required for verification should you win the event. It will also be used to make a video of the winning lap which will be posted here once the event closes.

Post your lap times in this thread and they will be added to the leader board below. You can make as many attempts and post as many times as you like, so if at first you don't succeed, try try try again! :wink:

Note: If the car is unavailable, please check back later. It simply means that I am running a few laps in it myself!

Separator.png

Leaderboard

1) Karl Warburton - 1:07.606
2) Gareth Fisher - 1:09:966
3) Mike Campbell - 1:11.554
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Ross's Time: 1:10.254 (For reference only. Set using control pad.)

Extra Information

- My friends list has been cleared, so even previous participants will need to send a new request.
- The curbs mark the edge of the track. If you drive straight over them with all four wheels then it is cutting.
- The car has all upgrade parts fitted already, so please do not accuse anyone of 'making a mistake'.

80% of the people borrowing my cars never bother posting their lap times in the thread. It seems that perhaps they are only interested in driving the 20 million credit cars they don't have themselves. It will be interesting to see how many friend requests I get this time, since the car is practically worthless. (It's an event prize)

The rules have been perfectly clear from day one. If anyone chooses to exploit a bug (which is exactly what it is) in order to cheat then they will be disqualified and banned from ALL future GT5 events. No ifs, no buts. If anyone thinks I can't tell, then they're very much mistaken.

Furthermore, I'll also look into getting the person banned from all other RD events because cheats are scum and don't deserve to be here. Just follow the rules. It's that simple.

And in future, if anyone wants to 'bring to light' a bug or exploit that allows cheating, why not do it privately instead of on a public forum for all to see?

Event Cancelled

Due to the public posting of an exploit which allows cheating to take place in the TTs, this event has been cancelled. The exploit is something which has existed for some time but which PD have not bothered to fix. That being the case the TTs are going to be brought to an end. There will be one final event as a special send off, details of which will be posted shortly.

TT%252520Finale%252520-%252520Photo.jpg

Car: McLaren F1 '94 / Ferrari Enzo '02
Track: Suzuka Circuit
Tyres: Racing Hard
Tuning: Yes

Driving Aids: All Off / ABS 1 maximum
Tyre/Fuel Depletion: Off
Grip Reduction: Real
Mechanical Damage: Off

Availability: 22nd January 2012 - 12th February 2012

The Grand Finale

As the final event in the GT5 TT series this one has to be a bit different to the norm. To that end, this event will use two different cars. Each participant must set a lap in both of the cars and combine the two times together to get a combined total. They must then post all three times (the two laps and the total) in this thread. The person with the fastest combined time when the event closes is the winner.

The Prize

The winner of this TT will receive both of the cars used for this event! They include full aero packages, every available upgrade, and a complete set of tyres. The combined value of both cars and their upgrades is over 2.5 million credits!

As this is the very last event there will be an additional prize on offer. The driver that finishes 1st in this special TT will earn themselves a completely unique forum title! It will be prominently displayed next to your avatar in every post you make, letting everyone know who is the champion of the GT5 Time Trials!

Bonus Prize

As a 'thank you' for taking part in the event, there will be a bonus prize awarded to one of the top ten drivers between 2nd and 10th. The bonus prize is also worth significantly more than in previous TT events. So, even if you don't make 1st place there is still a chance to win a nice prize!

The bonus prize recipient will be picked by a random number generator.

Separator.png

Rules
  • You must run the TT in Practice => A-Spec Free Run, available from the GT Life screen.
  • You must only use the cars made available by the event organiser via GT5's borrow feature.
  • You must not swap any of the upgrade parts. The parts on the car when borrowed are the ones that must be used.
  • If tuning is allowed then you may tweak the settings of parts. If tuning is not allowed then they must be left as they are.
  • Two wheels must remain on the track at all times. Cutting corners or using run-offs will result in disqualification.
  • You must save a replay of both best laps for verification in case you win the event. No replay = No prizes.

How to Enter

This TT is only available to licensed members. The first thing you will need to do is add me to your friends list. My PSN ID is Goffik. When you send the request, please put 'RD GT5 TT' in the message so that I know who you are. You may need to do this even if you have taken part before, as I will be clearing my list after every event.

Once done and in GT5, click on 'Profile' and then click on my avatar. At the bottom of the screen below my B-Spec drivers, you will see the cars required for the TT. Click on one and then click the 'borrow' button. You now have the car and are almost ready to go!

Click on 'Practice' and then 'A-Spec Free Run'. Selecting the required track will bring up the options menu (driving aids, etc), which must be set up according the the event restrictions detailed above. Click OK, wait for the track to load, and then burn some rubber!

When you are done running laps, do not forget to click on the 'Save Best Lap Replay' button! This is very important as a replay will be required for verification should you win the event. It will also be used to make a video of the winning lap which will be posted here once the event closes.

Post your lap times in this thread and they will be added to the leader board below. You can make as many attempts and post as many times as you like, so if at first you don't succeed, try try try again! :wink:

Note: If the car is unavailable, please check back later. It simply means that I am running a few laps in it myself!

Separator.png

You must use the template below to post your lap times. If you do not then your times will not be added to the leaderboard.
Code:
McLaren Lap: 
Ferrari Lap: 
Total Time:

Leaderboard

1) Karl Warburton - 1:55.831 - 1:58.121 - 3:53.952
2) Markus Hakamo - 1:56.347 - 2:01.579 - 3:57.926
3) Dubravko Sparovec - 1:57.275 - 2:01.245 - 3:58.520
4) Mike Campbell - 2:02.025 - 2:05.014 - 4:07.039
5) Gareth Fisher - 2:01.686 - 2:05.561 - 4:07.247
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Separator.png

The Winning Laps by Karl Warburton, making him the RaceDepartment GT5 Time Trial Champion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 350 28.2%