FM3 Forza Motorsport 3

Forza Motorsport 3 (Turn 10 Studios)
Forza-3-logo.jpg
Anyone have any info on this game? I have looked around but not really found anything about it. Besides Wikipedia.

The promise of Forza 4 finally got me to invest in an XBox and a Fanatec GT2 wheel with clubsport pedals (and I bet I'm not the only one). So I bought Forza 3 to enjoy while I wait for Forza 4 release, and it's a lot of fun. I see what the online reviews mean about the tyre model being Forza's weak spot, but being fast looks to be about all the same things as any other race sim.

i've had some trouble with it too. I used a flickr account and upload them there. Then click the image icon in the reply bar, type in the URL of the picture. It doesn't show the picture on here, it just leaves a link, but its a way of getting them seen.

I don't know how to display them in the thread.

save as much money as you can. A lot of the time your cars will be suitable for multiple events. Just concentrate on your upgrades and tuning, the cars will come with time. I don't really bother with season play i just go to event list and do a block of races at a time.

Trust me, when I tell you this you're going to think its completely backwards from what you think a drift setup would be.
Section: front/rear
gearing: If you can do a burnout just by thinking of accelerating, lower the final gear until it doesn burnout til about 60-75% throttle.
toe: 1/0
caster: between 0 and 1
antiroll: 40/30
springs:front higher than the rear.
bump: rear about 6.
aero: around 150.
braking balance: 75
braking pressure: 110%
differential: both around 80% You don't want your wheels to unlock when you let off the throttle.

Once you start sliding sideways, feather the throttle as best you can. Start off on Sunset Peninsula Club Circuit to get used to the whole setup.

Okay, I tested a scion with your setup and these are my official results:
Your gearing is WAY to high for any drift. I could only really manage to do a burnout.
The car wanted to turn and would not go straight to save its life.
Couldn't drift because it was way to sensitive and over reactive.

I changed the settings and its much easier to drift, try this on the sunset track:
tires: front 29, rear 37
Gearing: final: 4.10, 1st: 3.63, 2nd: 2.45, 3rd: 1.66, 4th: 1.25, 5th: 1.01, 6th: .86.
Alignment: Camber: 0.3/0.0, Toe: -0.5/0.7 Caster: 5
Anti-roll: 25.50/21.30
Springs: springs: 769.5/673.0, ride height: 3.4/3.6
Damping: rebound: 8.8/7.9, bump: 8.7/7.8
Aero: rear: 150
Braking: balance: 30%, pressure: 110%
Differential: 80%/80% (you don't want your wheels to unlock when you let off throttle, that will spin you out.)

Hopefully this helps. Happy drifting!

Anybody who is interested in organized racing on FM3/FM4. I am a regular series racer at the following sites: Virtual Motorsports and Forza Motorsport challenge. Not trying take anybody away from RD, just letting you know these are dedicated sites to Forza.

You know...

In the name of all that is awesome (and Forza 4 coming out), I think now would be a good time to have one last hoorah with Forza 3!

FORZA 3 TRASHCAN SMACKDOWN!!!!

- Class E and D cars only
- 1980's to Early-90's cars
- Barebones, no car set-ups, no car mods
- 1 Short Track
- On Friday, or Saturday, around 6pm EST
- 2-4 hours of racing/drinking games

We could come up with drinking games for the event, like Car As$hole, or Drunk Car Tag. The winner gets a pat on the back, and booted out of the game (...just kidding), and all in the name of fun and to welcome the new baby Forza in!

So, bring your beer! Your liquor! Your beer AND liquor! For a night of awesomeness(~AH!!!)

So who's up for one last bit of fun for Forza 3 before it all becomes about Forza 4 (until Forza 5 comes out, and we do this again for Forza 4)?!

Be able to spare me a car? I'm looking for a Doge Charger 69 and I just don't have the time or patience to earn enough credits for it. Plus, as I am at an early state in the game, I must continuously upgrade my current car taking away my hard earned credits. I would be extremely grateful, please and thank you, my GTag for Xbox is LilElvisLIVE please contact me via a message on Xbox LIVE.

ok i'm really really new to console,
and i've been playing forza 3, in the next couple of weeks i'll have forza 4

what i need to ask is this, what does the "G" ie i'm upto something like 500g, what can i do with this, does this mean like credits to buy stuff in the storefronts..at the moment i'm not connected to xbox live or anything yet..i'm still getting used to it..

secondly can i connect my xbox to my computer via a network cable to access my internet, i dont have a router.

well sorry about all the n00b questions but i'm an old fart and when i was growing up we didnt have computers lol...think we had an atari2600 or something lol

cheers all

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years