Ferrari Virtual Academy 2010

Paid & downloading.

Note: after paying the download link took ages to load (so be patient)! DL itself seems pretty quick though.

Custom Lock Setting - Problems

Anyone else having issues getting custom steering lock settings to stick?

It seems I can pick their defaults just fine but if I want anything other than 200 or 400, it won't accept the setting.

At first I tried putting in 270 and that didn't work so I used the arrow buttons to change it through the 50 degree increments thinking that possibly it doesn't accept manual entry. However, even when I set it to 250 or 300, it doesn't stick - It always reverts back to the previous 'fixed' setting I had before switching to custom.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

It has a lot of realistic features, the only thing I’m a little disappointed about is the lack on control, for example you can’t turn auto-clutch off and configure a manual one. It’s a stripped down version of nKPro, just glossier, and of course with a very fast car at the heart of it.

I was surprised at first how easy it’s to drive, but then you take too much curb and realise that it does bite back. Fiorano’s a fairly uninspiring circuit, so it’ll be better when you can let the F10 loose at Mugello or the Nurburgring.

It’s hard to give it full marks when it isn’t yet a full product, but the driving experience’s very instinctive, in fact I had to purposely make errors to check it was doing what it should do (in terms of breaking traction etc.)

It has a lot of realistic features, the only thing I’m a little disappointed about is the lack on control, for example you can’t turn auto-clutch off and configure a manual one. It’s a stripped down version of nKPro, just glossier, and of course with a very fast car at the heart of it.

I was surprised at first how easy it’s to drive, but then you take too much curb and realise that it does bite back. Fiorano’s a fairly uninspiring circuit, so it’ll be better when you can let the F10 loose at Mugello or the Nurburgring.

It’s hard to give it full marks when it isn’t yet a full product, but the driving experience’s very instinctive, in fact I had to purposely make errors to check it was doing what it should do (in terms of breaking traction etc.)

Other than starting from rest F1 cars don't have a manual clutch so for a hotlapping sim a clutch isn't required.

Interesting that its relatively easy to drive - aparently iRacers have been told the same thing about the Williams.

I'll buy it, wanna feel how good is the real F1 simulation :)

Also I wanna support poor Ferrari F1 team so they can continue their season LOLLOLLOL

Thanks Ferrari the greatest ever!

To be honest i probably pass on this one guys.I initially thought this as a promotion made by ferrari in collaboration with kunos and i hoped that a "full" season would come later in netcar.I thought this as a great promotional idea to bring more people to netcar as many f1 lovers would buy it in a second and potential netcar buyers would see netcar as a more "complete" game.

Alas it turns out to be actually a priced game and even through the f1 looks sweet and finally there are some nice hand animations(But sadly the fingers are not modeled while shifting) i am not exactly sold on a hotlap with one car for 15 euro.I see it more as a demo of things that hopefully would come later(if there is any possibility for content made in FVA to make it in netcar)

And as beautifull the f1 car and cockpit is(its stunning to say the least) the rest of the game's graphics is simiral to netcar.The laser scanned tracks have great modeled terrain as the slightest bump is represented but still there is no grass or 3d trees or even a few 3d animated spectators to bring some life to the tracks.Also there isn't any bloom or hdr lighting(as neither variable time of day),missing the opportunity for something amazing.

Pff and they will charge another 10€ for the addon tracks each! LOL seriously, 35€ for a game with 1 car and 3 tracks? Or 15 for 1 car and 1 track. In the end it's still only a game, and other games are not that far behind regarding physics I'm sure! Of course who has an infinite budget should buy this immediately and try it, I won't.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 39.9%