Ferrari Virtual Academy 2010

I think its possible to use an alternative steering device such as a controller or keyboard as well for sure. You just need to assign the correct keys when you setup the game.

Merry Xmas to you as well :thumb:

A keyboard will work, but your best bet for minimum expense would probably be a USB Gamepad - something with the little analog joysticks would probably work best. The Logitech dual-action gamepad can be had for under $20 US, and I'd think would be very preferable to the keyboard.

Merry Xmas

You can use a keyboard: from the main menu click on Settings, then Configure -> Controller and choose keyboard from the menu.

A/Z - throttle/brake
left/right - steer
spacebar + A - upshift
spacebar or spacebar + Z downshift
1/2/3 - differential and engine brake
F1/F2 - change visuals while driving
F3/F4 - change visuals during replay

A gamepad is indeed a better choice: the official XBox 360 pad is the best choice, as every PC game now supports it. If you can spend a little more and you want to buy a steering wheel have a look for a Driving Force GT: it's the best choice around the 100€ steering wheels! ;)

What's in store for FVA?

Now that the 3 promised circuits are out, are there any plans being discussed for the future of this simulator?

Since it is based on NKpro, it should not be too hard to add some online element outside of hotlaps. Everyone racing ferraris may not be ideal, but it sure would be fun and certainly superior to F1 2010 (which despite all my best intention I just cannot drive as it reminds me of the $40 I wasted)

At the very least, I would think they should release other tracks in the future, but for most of us the hotlap competition is not a realistic goal. I was 1.5 seconds off the world record in practice, but that probably means there are at least 10,000 drivers better than me at this. I Haven't even tried the hotlap mode since it would be futile :)

However, it's such an awesome sim, it seems a pity to use it just for hotlaps

I think the game is heavy optimized for just one car. Graphics look stunning even compared to netkar pro. Most likely it will not even work displayed 25+ of those high detailed cars.

Hope I am wrong, but i think this is it for FVA '10. Time for '11 :)

Thanks!

Thank u all so much for your input
I got a good deal on a FERRARI GT 3 IN 1 RUMBLE FORCE
It's not bad .. resolution is not great but i realise that is my PC/video card etc
Just 1 question ....
Does this game ALWAYS have to work online ???
Is there no way to play on it when not connected to the internet ????

Thanks !

jen

You will need to have a working internet connection indeed. At least as long as the competition servers are running I presume.

Are they expecting real aliens coming to Maranello?

montepremi_en.gif

Taken from the FVA website. 10,000 EUR for one person's travel expenses? Where do the contestents come from: Krypton and travelling by space shuttle?

Ah okay, that explains the high estimation of travel costs then.

Hmm powered by Virgin :D

FVA & NetCarPro is atm the best you can drive virtually :)

have you driven iRacing?

i own NetKar and FVA and love them but i have been getting the itch to jump into iRacing, however i will be dissapointed if i do sign up only to realize that i already had the best sims on my machine... is FVA really much better then the williams in iracing?

oh and btw, i voted a 10 for FVA.
whenever i want to show off my "F1 simulator", this is what i show.

Please stop talk about physics

You have no idea how a F1 car feels

Just stop because you are talking about something you dont know.

The same thing people do with any other simulator, they judge % of realism on the physics when they never drove a racing car.

Sorry my english, just saying the truth.

ok maybe none of us have driven a race car before much less a real F1, but we do live in the real world and we have come to understand the laws of physics and we know when something virtual feels "right" or feels "fake". we all can make educated guesses as to what it would feel like to drive an F1 car. also, we are aware that we are talking about video games, not the real thing.

take it easy, this is a forum dedicated to video game racing simulators, we are free to express our ideas and thoughts on the subject.

The engineers that create formula 1 cars have no idea what its like to drive a formula 1 car, other than from what they know from knowledge, yet they develop the fastest cars in the world, along with the accurate simulators, but they don't drive the cars. Physics are something that can be learned through education just as much as through practical application.

As far as the comparison between iRacing and FVA are concerned, I prefer the FVA, the way the brakes work and the tyres react appears to be more realistic (this is something that is widely discussed on iRacing forums, brakes especially, and is generally accepted). However there are aspects of the iRacing car that I think feel more on the ball, the real thing is likely somewhere inbetween both of those, and different to both at the same time. No simulator is going to be perfect, we all know that.

If you own Rfactor, then you can try out the 2007 BMW Sauber car, which is surprisingly close to the feeling of the iRacing car, they have their differences as you would expect, the feel of the sim alone is different, but those 2 cars are very similar to me, when i jumped into the iRacing car I was able to drive it in exactly the same manner after driving the Rfactor car, however the FVA requires a completely different driving approach, most noticeable on the brakes.

F10 Custom - Any way of editing the helmet for this?

Hi there. I noticed that there is a third car which can be used "F10 Custom" which has a white helmet so is there any way I can import my helmet from nK PRO and put it in FVA? Thank you.

Ranking system isn't working.

Hi,
After a long time, I have run in fva, and I found that ranking system isn't working.
I made a new hotlap in online mode, but 'pos' in HUD is just displayed as '-1', and the record hasn't updated in fva official site.

Does anyone know about this? all finished? :confused:

The rank is not working anymore because the competition had ended. Hopefully it will come back online after Ferrari will announce the official winners.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 337 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 467 39.0%