Ferrari Virtual Academy 2010

well maybe theyre preparing another patch

it wouldnt be asking too much to plz all driving styles and make a more open dif in

in fact i could swear to god that right when mugello was released dif in was an open diferential and right next day it was not

is it posible ferrari updates the game when you connect online?

well of course its posible but could they have done it?

This morning I was playing some fva and suddenly when I got out to the main menu it had updated the version and there was a minimap of nurburgring with some dots moving on it and I also saw the text "8 cars on track" and someone was excusing himself for a crash in chat below the minimap, I got all excited and then I woke up.

iRacing and FVA

Hi I'm just starting a topic asking anyone out there who has tried the Williams F1 in iRacing and the Ferrari in FVA. I'm interested to see how they compare in terms of realism. They both claim to be a realistic representation of the F1 car, so surely they should behave similarly.

Both are awesome, but the Iracing is based on the 2009 car and the FVA based on the 2010 car. Now FVA feels more understeery, however one of the complaints of the real life 2010 cars were that the new tyre profiles made the cars feel quite understeery. FVA is based on netkar which is thought to have the best tyre and force feedback model around, it was also developed around mainly open-wheel cars. Both are really awesome but the general opinion is that the FVA simulator is the most accurate, even on the IRacing forums, and for these reasons.

Braking : FVA acts just like the real car, the technique needed to brake properly and the reaction of the car to the brakes, the way the tyres lock, learning the brakes in FVA is an art and one of the big challenges to mastering the car. IRacing isnt bad by any means but the way you brake in the IRacing car is not quite the same as in real life, looking at telemetry of F1 drivers braking patterns shows a style that works perfect with FVA but in the IRacing car would result in a lot of locking up and skidding, as less brake pressure is needed and you rarely, if ever use full brake pressure in the IRacing car.

Throttle traction : Some people have said that FVA has too much traction, though the reality is if you compare it to what you see on the tv, and you look at telemetry its pretty much perfect, the IRacing car is also quite close on this though the back end is a little more unstable, the instability seems like a common thing with the older software and a car built around a physics model that is being adapted for the F1. You can feel the traction point a little better in FVA and it reacts to driving that is more similar to what you would see the real F1 drivers doing, though by all means the IRacing is very close too and with good setups you will see some very lifelife laptimes and driving.

Though the FVA is by no means perfect and many people would probably enjoy the IRacing car more.

But it's off topic since nKPro doesn't provide a F1!:wink:
Not technically correct :) There was a promotional release of nKPro (an early build of v1.03 (so old shaders etc.)) a couple of years ago, for the inaugural Singapore Grand Prix, which includes a version of the circuit built for a hotlap competition (so in other words it's crap), and an F1 car I think based on the Toyota TF107. Amazingly the official download's still up here despite the link being removed from the homepage.

Give it a go, although it isn't perfect, as you can take corners such as Copse & Pouhon flat which isn't very realistic. Here are a few top tips incase you do:
  • There's a PSD file called skin in the F1's texture folder, which contains the Toyota livery if you don't want to use the Singtel one,
  • Copy over your nKPro driver/licence folder/file if you want to use other circuits,
  • If you ever downloaded the Marangoni Driving Simulator (with the Trento-Bondone hillclimb) you can use the Osella PA-21S by copying over the car & tyres.

they change the setups..... btw today was my first day on that track.... never drove on it in any simulator and......... i find it not to much hard to do a clean lap, the difficult thing is to be smooth on the stearing wheel for keep a good speed in the corner....

1.21.7 atm

no, they said many times on forums etc that everyone will be able to use the simulator also after the contest (they said it also in their offical FAQ)!!! ;)

if not i will be the first to go to their house to protest!!! :D

Help needed with hardware

Hi Guys ..
OK I feel really dumb but I just downloaded the FVA software - full version - for an xmas present for my brother .. without reading through the website properly.
Excuse my complete ignorance .. but Ihad no idea that you had to have a steering wheel - pedals etc.
We have none of that.
bear with me .. I know you are all experts in this field .. but is there any way I can use just the keyboard .... or what is the minimum package I could buy .. just the steering wheel or just the pedals..
I don't want to sound stingy ... but the Logi stuff is really expensive ....
I would appreciate any help at all ..
Thanks in advance and Merry Xmas

Jenny

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 201 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years