Ferrari Virtual Academy 2010

Far as I’m aware Ferrari are a licence holder so can do what they want. The release date, for an Italian company, releasing a sim’ developed by an Italian has to be at/during the Monza Grand Prix doesn’t it? Granted codies won’t be very happy, but iRacing announced the Williams FW31 at the beginning of the year, and although it isn’t meant to be released ’til November it’ll still no doubt steal some of the target market.

Lets be realistic. Codies F1 2010 will sell in the millions. iRacing's FW31 will sell perhaps in the low tens of thousands - it won't have any effect on F1 2010's sales. Neither will the Ferrari Academy. You might buy it as well as F1 2010 but in no way is a hotlap sim a replacement for F1 2010.

You might buy it as well as F1 2010 but in no way is a hotlap sim a replacement for F1 2010.
Well I was gonna risk F1 2010 until this was announced :p But then I like nKPro so it makes sense for me, to buy something with an engine that I already like, as apposed to something I know I don't (after playing DIRT 2 & GRID).

Do you know there is a racing element? There is no indication in the publicity and no videos of cars racing each other. Do you race AI or on-line?
Definitely no AI, but the Trofeo Abarth did have online multiplayer, although there was races at the end of that competition (so FVA might not have the same).

I guess your times will be uploaded to a leaderboard or something. Can be very interesting if they have a system to ban those annoying cheaters.
People who took part in the Trofeo Abarth said your PB and position was displayed on screen, and that laps were invalidated by touching the grass, or a wall.

www.ferrarivirtualacademy.com said:
How it works

When you are using the simulator in the "hot lap" mode your position in the classification and your gap to the fastest lap time is shown in real-time. Thus you can verify if your performance is close to the leaders.

Sounds very much along the lines of SimBins VWTCC. I read this as there must be more than one mode...

See if they’ll give you it a day early then :p I posted the last message at exactly midnight (so technically it was incorrect (only a couple of days to go))!

I'm very used to having to wait till the very end of release day or even the next day for a release as I live +12GMT...

Well one day to have all our questions resolved !!! :)

To be honest through i am a bit puzzled about the game...I thought in the begining the game was a free promotion ala the time trial of gt5 or the m3 challenge bmw released 2 years ago.(With a m3 and m6 as real prizes if i remember correct! ) .
I mean sure the ferrari f1 looks sweet and finally it seams we are getting some hands/(maybe driver suits too) animations as well as the laser scanned tracks.But still there is no Ai from what i understand ,Graphics are the same with the latest version of netcar pro(without bloom,hdr lighting or changeable day time,or more detailed tracks-for example having grass,3d trees,animated crowds...),but in the end..it still is a hotlap on one track....In my book this is called a demo and 15euro is a bit too steep a price.Having it as a promotion and incorporating a full "season" in netcar probably would have been better i believe as it would have made netcar pro a "must" for f1 lovers.

Is it possible for someone to be a top 5 driver in something like this with a Logitech G25?

Do the Frex wheels or other expensive wheel make you a tenth or two faster around a lap?

*Edit: I'm mostly referring to the pedals of the G25. Surely the much more expensive ones have their advantages? More responsive when on and off the throttle for example?

To be honest through i am a bit puzzled about the game...I thought in the begining the game was a free promotion ala the time trial of gt5 or the m3 challenge bmw released 2 years ago.(With a m3 and m6 as real prizes if i remember correct! ) .
I mean sure the ferrari f1 looks sweet and finally it seams we are getting some hands/(maybe driver suits too) animations as well as the laser scanned tracks.But still there is no Ai from what i understand ,Graphics are the same with the latest version of netcar pro(without bloom,hdr lighting or changeable day time,or more detailed tracks-for example having grass,3d trees,animated crowds...),but in the end..it still is a hotlap on one track....In my book this is called a demo and 15euro is a bit too steep a price.Having it as a promotion and incorporating a full "season" in netcar probably would have been better i believe as it would have made netcar pro a "must" for f1 lovers.

It says on the FVA website that the driver overalls were scanned. I thought it was a free promo at first too, but then after finding out it was 15 euros wasn’t too bad, particularly when it emerged it’s self-financed by Kunos. The graphics look better than netKar PRO, but that’s one of the things we’ll have to wait and see on, as well as things like the hot lap mode.

I doubt we’ll see any of this content in netKar PRO, as I imagine it being sold as a Ferrari product’s due to licences. Also the Abarth was announced before the Trofeo 500, so unless they purposely wanted to keep FVA a surprise, that’s another reason why it seems unlikely we’ll have an F1 in nKPro (of course I could be totally wrong about all of the above).

Is it possible for someone to be a top 5 driver in something like this with a Logitech G25?

Do the Frex wheels or other expensive wheel make you a tenth or two faster around a lap?

*Edit: I'm mostly referring to the pedals of the G25. Surely the much more expensive ones have their advantages? More responsive when on and off the throttle for example?

Ever heard of the phrase “all the gear, no idea”? As there’s no correlation between talent & wealth I wouldn‘t worry about it. Some really slow drivers have Frex pedals, whilst some really quick ones just have stock G25’s.

Ever heard of the phrase “all the gear, no idea”? As there’s no correlation between talent & wealth I wouldn‘t worry about it. Some really slow drivers have Frex pedals, whilst some really quick ones just have stock G25’s.

Of course. Just like with any sport. However what I'm actually asking is whether there is an advantage in using such wheels (which cost thousands) over a G25 or Driving Force Pro?

If there are 10 guys with the exact same talent & 5 have Frex Wheels & the other 5 have basic Logitech Wheels, can the guys with cheap wheels make it through?

What I'm getting at is that this will be a world-wide competition with no doubt the best drivers in the world. If the expensive wheels give you a tenth a second per lap - then unless you're freakishly talent/the best in the world, you won't make it into the top 5 with a cheap wheel.

The materials they use in Logitech wheels are cheap because of the prices for consumers. This isn't the case with the more expensive wheels.

So is there time to be gained with them? I can't imagine how it justifies spending thousands if it doesn't.

I would say that the same driver at the highest levels would produce faster times with most of the more expensive equipment through the simple fact that the sensors used are more accurately transmitting the drivers inputs. But, I think you may be looking at only .001 to .01 seconds

It says on the FVA website that the driver overalls were scanned. I thought it was a free promo at first too, but then after finding out it was 15 euros wasn’t too bad, particularly when it emerged it’s self-financed by Kunos. The graphics look better than netKar PRO, but that’s one of the things we’ll have to wait and see on, as well as things like the hot lap mode.

I doubt we’ll see any of this content in netKar PRO, as I imagine it being sold as a Ferrari product’s due to licences. Also the Abarth was announced before the Trofeo 500, so unless they purposely wanted to keep FVA a surprise, that’s another reason why it seems unlikely we’ll have an F1 in nKPro (of course I could be totally wrong about all of the above).

Hi there! I wish you are wrong on the above ! It would be a real pity if all the hard work that took place on FVA disappear like smoke instead of becoming part of Netcar.In lfs they made a f1 bmw for a challenge for bmw and they kept the car.

As for graphics we know that there are driver models but we Do not know if they are going to be fully animated !
Also for the rest of the graphics from the few seconds we have seen they look the same with netcar(no grass,no hdr,no 3d trees or spectators...etc )

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.3%