Fanatec | Official Support Thread

W

Wido Rossen

• Wido Rossen

Looks pretty neat this wheel.....and it`s wireless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Fanatec CSS SQ owners, I'd like to know if some of you have issues using this shifter?

My main problem is a kind of calibrating problem: when I shift from 5th to 4th then, sometime, the 6th is engaged.
If I try to calibrate again my shifter the problem can then occur when I shift from 2nd to 3rd, then the 4th is engaged!
When this problem occurs if I gently shake the shifter lever then the right gear is engaged...

In my opinion this is a hardware problem, what do you think?

Best regards,
Olivier

Upvote 0
My GT3 RS is showing new symptoms (of death?):
When I power it on now, no Windows jingle, wheel turns, ends in the most left position, strong force against turning it, no button reaction, not showing in the Fanatec tool.

Just tried to reinstall the driver, no difference.

Did anybody come accross this and knows the magic fix?

Upvote 0
My GT3 RS is showing new symptoms (of death?):
When I power it on now, no Windows jingle, wheel turns, ends in the most left position, strong force against turning it, no button reaction, not showing in the Fanatec tool.

Just tried to reinstall the driver, no difference.

Did anybody come accross this and knows the magic fix?
A sign of life: Disconnected a couple of times, no change, I forced into the other direction, jingle and alife again...... Really Strange!

Upvote 0
As can be seen in my separate thread i was supposed to be a Fanatec user from this week on. Their notorious chinese manufacruring partner obviously thought orherwise and sent me a broken wheel, dead on arrival. Yes i am bitter, but i have not received any answer at all from support...

Never had issues with logitech. I want to love these products andi would, if it worked. Now, with the lax support and obviously crap build standard, not so much...

Finally got some personal help, and it was very nice and good so far. We'll see. So for now excuse that ranting, it's stressing me out not being able to race however.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
See separate thread. Sent a little reminder to support and got a reply now, wheel is to be replaced RMA. Sounds good, just wish that personal contact from support was easier to initiate, maybe with a track no. or so, so i would know the status of my enquiry...

We'll see how it goes.

Upvote 0
but i decided to go the whole hog and get the new pedals,
There was reports to start with with poor quality but mine are ok. touch woooood:)

well i spoke too soon, my pedals went south on me, the brake totally messed up. :(

After making a little vid showing the faults
Fanantec support took a look at the vid, and straightway sorted out the postage and within 2 days were collected from my home.. my pedals are now on their way back to HQ,

So as for the 1st part i can't complain at all so far a very good support service :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
So. My RMA is done, new gt3 wheel is here and appears to work. I had some worries as i feel "notches" of low friction at regular intervals when turning the wheel in low ffb or power off conditions... Like some mechanics "cogging over".

However the all friendly redi over at NoGrip assured me that his reference model, had the same feel... So i guess it is a "characteristic". I'll get used to it.

The ffb really is amazing and the belt drive is incredible when it holds together. My old G27 can not match it, that's for sure.

All in all, fast RMA procedure, however as i've said earlier, they have to get better at replying to users in need of help and also look into the build quality at the plant they hired...

All those youtube videos and stories of issues upon issues is not good for the brand. And now that i'm an owner myself and also a "convert" to the brand, i feel a bit sad about that as i obviously like what they're doing.

Upvote 0
Hello Fanatec CSS SQ owners, I'd like to know if some of you have issues using this shifter?

My main problem is a kind of calibrating problem: when I shift from 5th to 4th then, sometime, the 6th is engaged.
If I try to calibrate again my shifter the problem can then occur when I shift from 2nd to 3rd, then the 4th is engaged!
When this problem occurs if I gently shake the shifter lever then the right gear is engaged...

In my opinion this is a hardware problem, what do you think?

Best regards,
Olivier

I have the very same Gated shift problem with gear selection, the only way to pick the right gear is to let the shifter flick back to it's neutral position, or, "rattle it" in neutral so to speak, before selecting 2nd, 4th or 6th gears, and it seems to be a down shifts only problem, I get the impression the software cant match the gear selection so it misses the shifter position change, or the contacts inside the shifter mechanism aren't making contact to signify a gear has been shifted, I rarely use manual gated shift, so it's not concerned for me, but I can see it will be when I want to use it. Not sure what Fanatec can do to fix it, seems like a serious problem.

I've had another issue with my CSS-SQ, the return springs for the sequential shift that flicks the shifter back to neutral gave up the ghost yesterday evening :confused:
First it was forward shift, it just stopped in 4th, like it was a manual shift :speechless:, back shifting was fine.
I switched it over to gated shift, all was fine there. So I switched back to Sequential shift and now back shift wasn't springing back to centre either, so now I'm a sad little Vegemite :(.

I sent an email to Fanatec this morning via there AU website, with the complimentary video of the fault, so here's hoping it will be resolved quickly. My previous experiences with Fanatec's after sales service has been pretty much hassle free, I'm not expecting much of an issue from Fanatec, it's more the waiting to get the replacement that gets frustrating. I've gotten use to the CSS-SQ shifter very quickly, and do like it very much, shame it "sprung a spring" or 2, but "No Biggy" be replaced soon no doubt ;), "just being positive" :D

Cheers

Upvote 0
Does Fanatec do partial deliveries of orders?

I might need a new wheel soon and the CSW is an option I am considering, even considering the value package with both the rims, but the BMW one is only available in Feb and I might need one earlier.....

Upvote 0
Does Fanatec do partial deliveries of orders?

I might need a new wheel soon and the CSW is an option I am considering, even considering the value package with both the rims, but the BMW one is only available in Feb and I might need one earlier.....

Fanatec's normal shipping procedure is to ship all products at the same time, as long as they are in stock, but I'm sure if you requested it they would ship your purchases separately, may cost you more in shipping fees though, you can only ask.

I know a guy here in Aussie purchased CSW with both rims and the CSS-SQ, but as CSS stock wasn't available at the time, they shipped his base and rims and sent the shifter later, at their cost. So there is a chance they will do the same for your order.

Cheers!

Upvote 0
I'd go for the TH8 if the CSS didn't look so much more pro :p Might just go for the none SQ though, I really don't fancy SQ shifting anyhow.

Just because it looks pro, doesn't mean it's made pro. Until the bugs are ironed out, I wouldn't get the CSS-SQ, sorry Fanatec.

The Sequential shift is fine gear selection wise, but the H shift is flawed as has been pointed out by Olivier (post #1041) and myself, downshifting to 4th or 2nd has some selection bugs that are a definite major problem IMO, it makes it impossible to manually down-shift with any speed or accuracy, a major setback in any sim-race.

At least the TH8 is an established shifter that has no issues, so if a manual shifter is all you require, go TH8, it's all about shifting gears correctly, not weather it looks pro IMHO.

Cheers!

Upvote 0
Just for clarification, what I meant was that it seems to be built from higher quality materials (external, not the internal), plus it has a much shorter throw than the TH8, which is more like in proper race cars I guess the TH8 is perfect for older cars though
But in the end it matters little if the shifter doesn't do what it's supposed to do, I'd love to hear more from more owners of it. Thanks for sharing your experiences though!

Upvote 0
Just because it looks pro, doesn't mean it's made pro. Until the bugs are ironed out, I wouldn't get the CSS-SQ, sorry Fanatec.

The Sequential shift is fine gear selection wise, but the H shift is flawed as has been pointed out by Olivier (post #1041) and myself, downshifting to 4th or 2nd has some selection bugs that are a definite major problem IMO, it makes it impossible to manually down-shift with any speed or accuracy, a major setback in any sim-race.

At least the TH8 is an established shifter that has no issues, so if a manual shifter is all you require, go TH8, it's all about shifting gears correctly, not weather it looks pro IMHO.

Cheers!

and what is a safe duration to say when the flaws are ironed out?

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back