F1 2012 F1 2012 Community Interview: Steve Hood

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Together with CodeMasters we've been working hard over the past few months in order to set up an interview by the community and for the community. Now, how does this work? Everyone (limitations as outlined below apply) can post questions in this thread and the most popular ones will be sent to CodeMasters on August 20th. Deadline for posting your quetions will be August 20th, 6pm GMT / 7pm UK time / 8pm CET.

Limitations:

- Registered prior to August 6th.
- Maximum of 3 questions per user, please be reasonable.
- Question must contain no insults etc.
- Question must not be about modding (this is a limitation CM has set).
- There's a limitation on how much questions we can ask, so not every popular question might make it.

We hope you have lots of great questions!

Codemasters_F1_2012_CircuitOfTheAmericas_Small-620x348.jpg
View the Post on the Blog

Since CM will pick the questions, I feel this is like a political debate and like true politicians they won't answer the real questions every body wants to know about. ( After release support and bug fixes??????)

It is very important for me to know if any bugs or glitches will be fixed. If new bugs arrive with the patches, as have done the last two years, will they also be fixed? For example, the tyre bug after 2nd patch in F1 2011 we were simply told, sorry we broke your game, but tough.

So, in short, will we be getting a complete working game on release? If not, will it be a complete working game by the second patch, or at any point?

A very disappointing question to have to ask :(

1)
Will (Is) the wet weather handling more difficult than 2011? It was too easy in 2011, cars weren't twitchy enough and had in general, too much grip.

2)
Do the AI still pit in for slicks when the track is still too wet for slicks?

3)
Have the Laptimes for Singapore been fixed? Really dont want to be able to lap upto 10 seconds faster than the real life pole of 1:44.xxx

Q1) Physics and car handling. 2011 clearly took a big step forward from 2010. What will the changes to driver experience be of no assiats car handling compared to 2011. More challenging/realistic (authentic) or less?
Q2) Viewpoint. Cockpit view in 2011 is near perfect whereas 2010 was comparatively very obscured. Will the lovely 2011 cockpit view be retained?
Q3) There was talk of a progessive weight penalty (based on XP rank) for assisted drivers in multiplayer in the 2011 game to even out the mixed assists racing. Was it actually implemented? Will it feature in 2012.

Thanks far great game experience in F1 2011.

in F1 2011 it seemed, although you have expressed otherwise, tyre wear was around about the same for everyone. No matter of the driving style, setup, fuel, tyres seemed to wear at the same rate and generally everyone pitted around the same lap with the exception of those who dared the dramatic oversteer and lack of grip.

we already know about some cars, like in real life, being less stressful on tyre wear such as the Lotus and Sauber but my question is.. will (online) drivers be rewarded for looking after the tyres and be able to make tyres last longer than those driving more aggressively burning up tyres?

1) Will the backmarkers be properly represented in the AI this year? meaning the Caterhams wont behind the Marussia and HRT as this is by no way realistic at all as they are at least 1.5 seconds faster than them.

2) Will the AI be much more aggressive this year and try to take any advantage?

3) Will the saftey car feature be worked on in any way so there is no auto break option to turn off online ?

Is the braking improved? I can just pick a marker hit the brakes and its a done deal! It should swirm and be a handful braking from 200 - 30 say at monza T1
That might answer your question a bit (from one of the previews) "We were in one of the team's simulators this week," says Jeal. "The actual handling characteristics that we were experiencing there were really close to where our game is. We're kind of off with the braking - in an F1 car you slam on the pressure and then ease it off, and that's something that's quite difficult to get your head around but it's something that we're going to think about for next year."

Anyway I'll ask mine

1)what's been done to stop players from abusing track boundaries(cutting corners/running wide) to gain advantage?

2)will there be saves from online races?

3)will the game be bug free once it's out? (what's been done to address the issue of quality controll as in previous games there were too many bugs which were kind of killers of the games)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 155 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 151 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 217 14.3%