Drivers' Eyes Motorsports Quiz

4 8 15 16 23 42 108

Only the 5th-most famous race driver from Kerpen
Hi All!

I'm asking for your help and support. Maybe anyone has ideas on who these drivers could be? (see attachment)

I want to send it in for a quiz until January 14th.
Don't hesitate to ask me or even take your guesses, they're at least as good as mine (I have none) :laugh:

Hints:
Drivers are car- and motorcycle drivers/riders mixed up.
Every driver has won "prestigious" races or championships (yes, that's all...)
One driver is from Germany.

I will update my post with new proposals below, so you can in case tell me which driver it shall be if two or more are possible.
In bold drivers are "very likely confirmed", meaning it's quite sure they are right. But give a call if you think not!

1: Ralf Schumacher (one has to be German)
2: Giacomo Agostini
3: Sebastien Loeb
4: Hiroshi Masuoka
5: Mike Hailwood
6: Luigi Taveri
7: Masten Gregory
8: Michele Mouton
9: Ayrton Senna
10: Francois Cevert
11: Damon Hill
12: Jack Brabham

THANK YOU VERY MUCH:thumbsup:

Attachments

• 23122013103155607.pdf
    374 KB · Views: 340
Last edited:
My thoughts, I thought I knew faces better.:)

1: Could be Ralf Schumacher
2: I'm pretty confident that this is a young Arie Luyendijk. Late 70s early 80s
3: Loeb for sure.
11: Possible Maldonado. ( but he didn't won anything prestigious Spain doesn't count)
maybe Damon Hill which I was initially thinking.
12: Jack Brabham 3 time F1 champion (100% sure about this one)

Others no clue, 10 is not Pironi.

Picture one really got me though, I have seen that picture or facial expression before.

Last edited:
1: Stirling Moss
2: Giacomo Agostini
4:
6: Luigi Taveri
7:
8: Michele Mouton
12: Clay Regazzoni

Plenty blanks, I know I've seen them but recollecting names is the problem.

Last edited:
12: Is not Clay Reggazoni, check his pictures and look at between the eye lashes the two distinctive vertical rimples. Clay is not having that not even on his older pictures.

I'm interested to find out who the Japanese guy is.:)

12: Is not Clay Reggazoni, check his pictures and look at between the eye lashes the two distinctive vertical rimples. Clay is not having that not even on his older pictures.

@ Eck, how in earth did you came up with Michele Mouton:roflmao: That's her after seeing the pictures, never heard of her. Nice catch.

Last edited:

No Japanese driver ever won a Formula One GP, but two could enter the winners' podium in Le Mans: Seiji Ara 2004 and Masanori Sekiya 1995. Not to mention there are several winning motorcycle GPs.

Last edited:
I think 7 could be Jean Marie Balestre, I think its a picture when he was a bit younger early 80s or something. I could find one picture of him wearing similar glasses and the look actually comes pretty close to, its a picture where he stands with Nelson Piquet. I think its him.

7: Jean Marie Balestre

I think 7 could be Jean Marie Balestre, I think its a picture when he was a bit younger early 80s or something. I could find one picture of him wearing similar glasses and the look actually comes pretty close to, its a picture where he stands with Nelson Piquet. I think its him.

7: Jean Marie Balestre
But did he ever win a race? That's a must-have in this case. I never heard he drove himself.

But did he ever win a race? That's a must-have in this case. I never heard he drove himself.

He was involved in the FISA FOCA war, and Signed the first Concorde Agreement. So in some kind of way he won something important for the sport and teams. Also this happened in 81 I think, and what I said before that I was suspecting that it was a picture from early 80s. No idea if he raced himself, however when I see the picture of Nelson and him it really its the closest I could get. Unless anyone else comes with a brilliant suggestion I would place my bet on him.:p

Well, as long as we don't have anything better, we will take him:D It's not Andrea de Adamich, as he never won anything great, did he?
We are missing the German driver. Well, that's my part but I couldn't find him:cry:

1: Stirling Moss
2:
4:
6:
7:
8:
12: Clay Regazzoni