DriveClub

From what ive seen of this game its no replacement for gt5 on the ps3.
There idea to make the car as perfect to the real thing is kind of daft when you consider they even worry about a bolt heads used.
And driving wile not even being online is a dumb idea.

Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

DRIVECLUB: BMW 2 Series Coupé Trailer

BMW shows a first glimpse of their upcoming 2 Series model in ... a video game.

Two weeks ago the car manufacturer from Bavaria announced that they will be ending the production of their popular BMW 1 Series Coupé and Convertible with a new better performing 2 Series model. This car should be the challenger that can compete against the smaller models of Audi and Mercedes in 2014.

Unlike the 1 Series, the 2 series feature sleeker headlights and a more aggressive front-end grill. The...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

So you're getting an Xbox one and a PS4? Talk about wasting money.
What makes me chuckle is he felt the need to coming in to a thread about DriveClub on PS4 to let us know he'll be playing Forza 5.

From what ive seen of this game its no replacement for gt5 on the ps3.
There idea to make the car as perfect to the real thing is kind of daft when you consider they even worry about a bolt heads used.
And driving wile not even being online is a dumb idea.
You're right. DriveClub is a PS4 title, so it can't really replace GT5 on the PS3, lol.

What makes me chuckle is he felt the need to coming in to a thread about DriveClub on PS4 to let us know he'll be playing Forza 5.

You're right. DriveClub is a PS4 title, so it can't really replace GT5 on the PS3, lol.

No it cant,
they would be better of just giving gt5 a graphics update with less cars and more tracks.

Cheers B.

Since January when I posted, I have seen that the game is moving further and further back in the release calendar. Hey-ho. Now looks like will have Drive Club and The Crew coming out in Q3 of this year (hopefully).

;)

Cheers B.

Since January when I posted, I have seen that the game is moving further and further back in the release calendar. Hey-ho. Now looks like will have Drive Club and The Crew coming out in Q3 of this year (hopefully).

;)

If it doesn't get delayed again.

Looks only get you so far though.

I can still sit here and play NFS4 because the game-play is amazing, more so than all the other NFS that came many years late...

All the modes, how things work, no need for NOS to do everything and anything in the game... no obsession with drifting like it's important, or flaming exhausts etc.

Perhaps if there is a serious mode then great, but given 90% of the demographic not present on these forums, it'll be made for kids to just ram their way around a course with the highest possible numbers showing on their speedometer.

Dave

Well, I like Forza Horizon too for what it offers, and I think Driveclub is going to be somewhat similar in gameplay so I'll likely pick this one up too and give it a spin, pun intended.

After reading about car that are about to get released on both DRIVECLUB and Forza Horizon 2, it got me thinking about getting a console that supports any of those, but I'm going to choose what console to buy after finding out which game will be better. So I would like to use your help guys. Of course, it goes without saying that the better game would be the one that has the better physics and gameplay (of course any of those wouldn't get to the level of awesomeness of Assetto Corsa, but the closest to it would be better). I would like the one that would be the closest to reality (unlike arcade racing games : NFS, etc.). Thanks!
**EDIT**
Of course, I need it to support the Logitech G27

Last edited:
Do you need a console? If you play your racing games on pc then anything on console will look nice but doesn't come close to physics imo. If you're set on a console then they both look good and forza 2 is established but Driveclub also looks good. Maybe wait for some reviews to see what others are making of them.

Both for me. And I'll be getting The Crew and Project CARS for PC too. I actually thought The Crew beta was better than I expected it to be. Felt like a modern NFS game with proper wheel support.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 137 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 190 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 376 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.9%