Does the G25 Seq work on G27?

Well the G27 arrived yesterday, I notice it doesnt have Sequential shifter thingy-ma-bob.

Can I just use my G25 gear changer or does that not work?

Not overly sure I have a need for the Seq, but I was wondering.

jc

(Ps. When i 1st used the G27 I thought that my G25 was really bad (I mean it is fooked,bits fell out of it and the wheel has about 1.5cm play, no paddle shiters and no buttons on the wheel worked) but I thought that it was waaaaaaaaaay too slow etc compared to the new 27, then I realised the 27 was on 200 deg lock Doh. Then when I had it all set up there was distinct lack of 'wow', because the G27 is more or less identical to the 25. I mean I dont know what I was expecting, but still I am a stupid idiot lol)

Can I just use my G25 gear changer or does that not work?

John, you can use the G25 Shifter with your G27, but the bad news is that you need the Leo Bodnar Shifter interface:

http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=72

It allows you to connect the G25 Shifter via a USB port, and works as an extra controller.
You can use it in addition to your G27 Shifter (ie as a separate handbrake) or if you use paddle shifters on your G27 for gear change, just disconnect the G27 Shifter from the wheel and use the G25 only.
If you want to use the G25 as the only Shifter, you can also use it as a Sequential Shifter or H Shifter if you prefer.

I've got one of these Leo Bodnar gadgets and it works fine. :thumbsup:

There are other less precise ways to get your G27 Shifter to act as a sequential shifter by attaching rubber bands, or even a special mod to can buy to convert it to Sequential, these are reported somewhere in the Hardware Forum (I think). I found the Leo Bodnar method to be the best, especially if you have a working G25 Shifter.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 379 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years