Dev Blog 5

Perhaps its simply a bit more easy to pick a few testers from the limited group of DTM owners ;).

I would have thought people would be happy that its coming. In my humble opinion, it's a priviledge to have something presented when not finished. So, I think complaining that the testing is not done through R3E is not really fair.

Now, if they would have said the final MP will not be in R3E, then I would understand your anger. But thats not the case.

It's a development. And instead of giving the option to a few, they could also have given it to nobody until its ready. At least now you got a choice ;).

It's a choice of the team how they do it. I mean, to be honest, I have it rather like this, and with a selected crowd (from which ever game that is), then just leeking images, and presenting nothing, like it was for all the time GTR3 was supposed to come.

And yes, the ability to test, have influence, and help out, is indeed a privilege in my vocabulaire ;).

Lets not forget we are not talking about a modding team here... We are still talking about a commercial buisness, which has to make money to be able to pay it's employees, and buy all those licenses of the cars we like to drive ;). Don't expect all to be free in life ;).

Last, the choice to incorporate testers outside of the commercial institute, will speed up the development a lot. Let's be honest, we are all picking the fruits of that tree are we not?

Totally disagree, you could very easily run a limited MP Alpha test with a select number of R3E users. Make it VERY clear to people that may buy the game between now and the end of March that they may not be included in the Alpha then?

Last edited:
Why? Because it may sound like advertising, and would make the company seem like a real buisness? It does change anything, and adds nothing to be saying anything like that Eyghon.

They have made a choice to use the at this moment limited userbase of DTM. Thats their choice. It has nothing to do with owning, or spending money on R3E.

I mean, we can also turn it around. They do not want to bother their valued, loyal, well paying R3E member base, with a product thats still in such early development.

And yes, the ability to test, have influence, and help out, is indeed a privilege in my vocabulaire ;).

Lets not forget we are not talking about a modding team here... We are still talking about a commercial buisness, which has to make money to be able to pay it's employees, and buy all those licenses of the cars we like to drive ;). Don't expect all to be free in life ;).

Last, the choice to incorporate testers outside of the commercial institute, will speed up the development a lot. Let's be honest, we are all picking the fruits of that tree are we not?

Old fashioned Alpha\Beta testing was a privilege, paying for a product is called RETAIL and is not a privilege, paying for an unfinished product used to be called stupid, now it's normal but still not a privilege ;)

<sigh>I don't expect anything to be free in life Pal, including R3E, hence why I've spent over £50 on it!. Yes Simbin is a Commercial business and for whatever reason they have taken some pretty awful business decisions that have upset their core Customer base over the last couple of years.

i am day 1 byer of a lot of RRE content. i spent well over 100 Euros in the game. yet i am not willing to spend another 40 Euro for DTM before RRE gets actually races (single player vs AI), and finally Multiplayer. i feel a bit ripped off too, by the decisions the company made...

Totally disagree, you could very easily run a limited MP Alpha test with a select number of R3E users. Make it VERY clear to people that may buy the game between now and the end of March that they may not be included in the Alpha then?

We are already running MP alpha test with a select number of R3E users. Most of them from this (and other) community or testers we have used in the past. The next step is to ramp up from the internal test group to a larger group without having to expand that group of testers. This is where DTM-E comes into play as the group of people are not extremely large compared to the large userbase of R3E.

Releasing MP alpha to the masses in this stage would be extremely counter productive and very very far from efficient.

MP Alpha coming but only to DTM:E Season Pass holders which quite frankly is pathetic...
Kunos did the same with the AC Tech-Preview. You've got only access with a netKar Pro license. So where is the difference now?
Like others said, it's a simple way to select a smaller group of players ..... which then will have early access to a "possibly buggy" MP mode.;)

Tester for free is a goddamn luxury. Tester which pay for be a crash test dummy is overindulgence. Good work Simbin. People completely lost his minds, it's a sin not to take advantage of this. :)
If you want me to be a tester, you must pay me for this. Yes this is business and this is the matter of fact. Information must have his price. Simbin receive information of his alpha product and in the same time receive money for this. Realy good business, realy good!​

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 322 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 458 39.3%