DiRT 3 Colin McRae: DiRT 3

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
We are giving away our last of three DiRT 3 copies for PC with a "guess the lap time" competition. Guess the lap time of our moderator Nick Brooke as he drove (and filmed) a lap around Alpine Stars Trophy Finland Course with a Peugeot 207 4WD.

peug.jpg

The competition runs for a week and one entry per person is allowed. Submit your guess via this link and maybe you'll be the winner of a free game and become very DIRTY soon.

This is disgusting. I detest codemasters. This is what should have been released in the first place. Jesus. Game developers today just love ripping us sim fans off and I for one am pee'd off with it all. Whoever the developer, WMD, Codemasters, EA or Ubisoft, they are all in it to ripp us off.:mad:

RBR is FAR and away better by driving, there is no comparison. Dirt is an arcade game RBR is a sim.

I have just spent some time having a look at Dirt 2 comparied to Dirt 3, trying to judge only the graphics. Dirt 3 is better than Dirt 2. It looks much more lifelike and realistic than 2, hands down. And I don't know what you guys are looking at but.............what skid marks in snow? I see tyre tracks but no skid marks.

However, as someone already said, are graphics the most important thing in the game? RBR, that is coming up to 10 years old (and looks it) is still MASSIVELY better than any of the dirt games are as a rally game. This is becuase the creator made a sim, not a consol game.

What we need is a game with the graphics of Dirt 3, the physics of RBR with 4 reversable 15km plus stages from each of the 14-16 WRC rounds.

Easiest way to get the tune is find out who it is, then head to itunes or similar.

I know what you mean tho - D2 certainly helped me find great music. The soundtrack for that game is awesome.

Youtube helps too - http://www.youtube.com/results?sear...=30065l31406l0l33726l6l6l0l0l0l0l92l413l6l6l0

You could use a free bit of software called Audacity to record what you are listening too, but IIRC, the music in D2 has a lot of background noise and FX, so you wouldnt get a clean recording.

IIRC, you download the new pssg, and then pop it into the correct livery folder within the correct car folder in your Dirt3 install. It then becomes an available livery in the game by replacing the original.

Thanks, it´s working bud when i want the ken block´s new livery (GYM4). The livery replace the old livery, they i have locked. Can i change the livery position? When i want replace the second fiesta livery?

You are saying that the downloaded livery is a modded default livery which isnt unlocked yet?

Im not 100% sure, but if its for the same car, you should just be able to put the mod livery in a different default livery folder (which is unlocked in game), maybe you will have to rename the pssg also to match the file you are replacing.

best you unlock the livery first, its more fun that way
if not patient, get the ACAT4 mod, this way, every car & track is unlocked, then you can mod the livery.

make a backup of the original livery somewhere else, the PSSG files can get plenty and take over your harddrive

I still play this game alot, and playing online is still one of the reasons.
If there is anyone else wanting to get together with RD members to have a blast and keep away from those darn crash kids, pop your Xbox/Windows Live/PsNetwirk tags here.

I only play on pc but would love some familiar faces to race and chill out with, in one of the better games to come out of codemasters in recent times.

To get peeps started off: Live tag = Von Butters

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing