Car Setups & Setup Manager

I promised that I'd post back when I'd had chance to look at the options available for Setup Manager. Well, I've looked at the plugin on RBR and I can't see what it has to offer above setting the ingame car setups. There is supposed to be a new release in the new release that's due later this month, so something might change there.

As far as I can see, the best way to managed car setups is in the ingame setup options and then if you want to copy that setup to another car then it can be done by using windows explorer or one of the alternatives such as Qmmander.

It would be good if one of the developers could create a car setup page with all the settings in drop down boxes so that you could do the whole setup without having to hop in and out of the various settings to finalize what you require.

If anyone wants any help with setups for an individual car then I suggest that the post here to find a member willing to share setups with them.

I'm happy to help with what limited knowledge I have about setting up 'modern' rally cars. :confused:

Pete

I would post my setups, but cos I have done them with just guess work, I would be simply tooo embarassed lol. I kind of see setups as a personal challenge to get right.

Aren't most members setups done by guess work and intuition - I'm sure some of the members who have never done setups would appreciate the opportunity to try some of your setups - surely they must give better handling than the standard ones.

I'll be posting mine purely because they improved the handling and they are likely to help members who have never tried setups in the past.

Pete

I've never tried editing the setups much, bad user interface, and I don't have a clue what I'm doing, LOL.

Wish competent people here could throw together a simple setup guide, like for the Race series, but adapted for rallying. Increase this to do that, on this surface. Don't do that on these surfaces, because of this and that.

This is more of a comprehensive guide, but is close to what you are describing. It was for rsrbr09, but is a general guide as to what settings do what: http://rallyesim.com/rsrbrlive09/adjustments_RBR.asp

There is some talk of manually editing setup files, and like Pete said, many cars are limited in how they can be setup in the game. Some cars have very strict limitations, like only 3 spring settings, 2 rollbar settings, etc. However these values can be modified externally without limitation, and this is considered cheating in the Rallyesim rules.

So if you run in the Rallyesim championships be aware that if you get pulled for a race check they will be checking your setups as well.

Fortunately they have released the tool they use to check setups, I would recommend making sure you are legal when running "community" setups.

To use the tool, select a car and a mod and drag a setup file or replay to it. The program can be found here: http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=7413

There is some talk of manually editing setup files, and like Pete said, many cars are limited in how they can be setup in the game. Some cars have very strict limitations, like only 3 spring settings, 2 rollbar settings, etc. However these values can be modified externally without limitation, and this is considered cheating in the Rallyesim rules.

Thanks for the info Aaron, I didn't know this modding of setups was possible.
External modding of In-Game setups will be considered cheating at Racedepartment too, and not allowed.

I'll add some comments about this in our Setup Sub-Forum to disallow any "external" setups to be posted there.

Fortunately they have released the tool they use to check setups, I would recommend making sure you are legal when running "community" setups.

To use the tool, select a car and a mod and drag a setup file or replay to it. The program can be found here: http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=7413

For some reason, I can't get this Tool to work. It installs ok, loads ok, but when I drag the setup files into it, nothing happens. I tried using Copy and Paste to get them into it but it won't allow the Paste. Does it work with Win 7 ?

For some reason, I can't get this Tool to work. It installs ok, loads ok, but when I drag the setup files into it, nothing happens. I tried using Copy and Paste to get them into it but it won't allow the Paste. Does it work with Win 7 ?

Ah, you are jogging my memory now! Have to turn off UAC:

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?ie=UTF8&langpair=fr|en&rurl=translate.google.com&u=http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php%3Fp%3D198206&usg=ALkJrhhMRud1eNtWmITuAUP5oH2EuQm2Sg#p198206

Also, it does not take regional settings into account, so people in a region that use "." as a decimal separator need to change it to "," in their regional settings.

Yes, it is a pain in the butt, but thats the RBR modding way right? :)

Ah, you are jogging my memory now! Have to turn off UAC:

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?ie=UTF8&langpair=fr|en&rurl=translate.google.com&u=http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php%3Fp%3D198206&usg=ALkJrhhMRud1eNtWmITuAUP5oH2EuQm2Sg#p198206

Also, it does not take regional settings into account, so people in a region that use "." as a decimal separator need to change it to "," in their regional settings.

Yes, it is a pain in the butt, but thats the RBR modding way right? :)

When I clicked on this link yesterday it took me to a useful page that explained all of the setting and what actions changed what - now it just takes me to forum posts.

Does anyone have that direct link (think it had a title to do with RSRBR2009).

Pete

I don't think tire temperature is that relevant in RBR. 5 minutes of driving per stage, plus loose surface, I don't think it changes that much.

I'd set the tire pressure according to the surface, lower for snow, loose gravel, higher for compact gravel, tarmac.

Yeah, I'd like to be able to read my tyre temps in RBR, but I suspect it doesn't make much difference, except maybe on long stages. :confused:
I usually just go with default Tyre Pressures, but I have tried adjusting them but couldn't notice much difference (too many other things affecting the time lol).

Hi ,I try to edit my setup using this tool SETUP MANAGER.First I drag my setup file from left window to the right,after that i press "monitor rbr startup" nothing happens,i press next button(looks like RSRBR) and got message "Windows can not find the exe rsrbr2011". :( Please tell me how this thing works.Is it possible to edit setup using this tool or only in game?

Hi ,I try to edit my setup using this tool SETUP MANAGER.First I drag my setup file from left window to the right,after that i press "monitor rbr startup" nothing happens,i press next button(looks like RSRBR) and got message "Windows can not find the exe rsrbr2011". :( Please tell me how this thing works.Is it possible to edit setup using this tool or only in game?

Sorry I missed this post - do you still need any help with this or did you find an answer.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 141 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%