Blender module for creating Assetto Corsa tracks

Si3vGraphic Lead ArtistStaff MemberKS Dev Team
Do as you wish. Now that you can play with tracks, we can take our time with the official tools...
We'd like to remind that we'll lock any thread regarding illegal conversions (from other games, and users contents converted without permissions), and obviously we will not give any kind of support.

Have fun.

From here: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...stom-tracks-with-my-blender-addon.8748/page-7

I don't think they're pissed, they just don't want it being discussed on the official forum. If something is modded without permission from it's owner they don't want any liability.

On the other hand I don't know why they feel they can take their time with the official modding tool as that is a critical part of the sim and is required for the physics. I know a very large part of the AC community bought into the sim specifically because of that feature so they need to get cracking on it! :cautious:

Until the core of the game is finalized (V1.0) there is no reason to release the mod tools. Joux Plane had to be reworked because an update broke it. If mod tools were already released you would have had a couple months worth of time invested by modders completely wasted when they would of had to remake all their previous work.

I'm saddened by the fact that we are only a couple months away from the official tools and people can't wait that long and would rather have a half assed way of importing and exporting now instead of waiting a little longer.

Well, I might be wrong but essentially all the mod tools will comprise of is the physics tools for vehicles and file format conversion tools to allow content to be imported in a way that's compatible with the sim. Both of these are based on the gaming engine so unless they plan major changes to the engine I think the tools could be very close to complete (I'm not saying they are just that if it were a priority they could have most of it hammered out by now). I don't see how the still to be released content (multiplayer, career, pitstops, etc..) would affect the physics or file formats of the sim.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years