Ask the developers

TapioV

Bugbear Entertainment
Hello,
I'm a developer at Bugbear and saw there was several news items at racedepartment.com about our next game. To summarize, we are making a full contact racing and destruction derby game with cool crashes and physics.

I wanted to drop by and say that we are now on kickstarter as we want to make this game as an indie, without a publisher - help us reach our goal and get the game cheap! Check out the KS page for videos etc, but don't hesitate to ask here if you have questions, I'll be around.

12.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited:
This is a great game and I will be supporting it. One of my suggestions is to reduce the smoke coming out of the car not so much for performance impact but because it makes the view harder when driving. An option to reduce that effect would be great.

Message to the devs:

Will you implement the ability to have multiple controllers ? I have a G27 wheel and CSR Elite pedals and the game just doesn't work properly. Only one controller can work at the time, lol...

Would be nice to have gears aswell for H-Shifters :)

This game is a lot of fun and it actually works really well with my T500 wheel.

While the destruction derby model is a lot of fun, I think Bugbear could really score a big one if they also included dirt oval racing. Maybe as a DLC. I am actually not a big fan of oval racing in any form, but I know there are scores of dirt racing fans that right now don't have a modern game that caters to them.

Of course, my real wish would be for somebody to come out with a modern rally game to finally dethrone RBR. Maybe bugbear next project could be a real rally game. It seems to me that even in this early stage the off road driving is done pretty well and probably will get better. Graphics are excellent.

Anyway, I already bought the game and I''ll be happy to play it no matter the final form it takes, but IO think it would be a pity iof Bugbear did not leverage what they are learning with this game and try to cater to the niche motorsport that is currently under served or badly done.

Good you got it working with different controllers Michael! I have a T500 and a set of Heusinkfeld HE pedals and I can't get them to work. Well, they will work but when I press the gas the car accelerates and steers right, and when I press the brake it steers left and goes in reverse. This is the best I can get it to work. I can't seem to separate the inputs and assign the steering and pedals separately. Any ideas would be appreciated.

The menu where you assign controls needs alot of work...When I try to watch a replay the camera only goes left and right depending on where I turn my wheel; its like the mouse isn't even recognized....oh well, early early access and all that.

It would be nice if the devs could make themselves release an update at least once a month, the project would seem much more professional that way.

i'd like see Front wheel drive cars, and Awd Trucks, and are thier goin be other class cars like street and race.

Attachments

• 1226350271_flatout2__2008_11_10__22_12_18.jpg
    1226350271_flatout2__2008_11_10__22_12_18.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 576
  • Flatout2_2013-10-05_21-32-19-71.jpg
    Flatout2_2013-10-05_21-32-19-71.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 564

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.