Ask the developers

TapioV

Bugbear Entertainment
Hello,
I'm a developer at Bugbear and saw there was several news items at racedepartment.com about our next game. To summarize, we are making a full contact racing and destruction derby game with cool crashes and physics.

I wanted to drop by and say that we are now on kickstarter as we want to make this game as an indie, without a publisher - help us reach our goal and get the game cheap! Check out the KS page for videos etc, but don't hesitate to ask here if you have questions, I'll be around.

12.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited:
What is the number of maximum cars can compete at the same time on track? I believe for a decent Destruction Derby, we need a lot just like the good old Destruction Derby game we had:

Thanks for the feedback!
Nice, looks quite decent driving-wise. It "feels" a bit light though ? Hard to say... The lack of braking is interesting :D

Just wondering, will you guys implement an actual transmission behavior ? Clutch, heel and toe, etc... ?
The hood camera is very much work in progress, and as such doesn't provide very good feedback or "feeling" yet. The driver is actually using brake, it's just bound to the clutch pedal as I hear it's more comfortable to drive that way with that setup. There are currently no plans to expose the clutch to the player.

I was very excited to hear the upgrade system being inspired by StreetRod! Love that game. Aside from SRod, Street Legal Racing: Redline also had that sort of system.(Gearhead Garage too)
Pulling the car apart in 2D/3D then taking it out for a drive is awesome. :)

I wish you all the best with the kickstarter. :thumbsup:

Not sure if the devs still come around seeing as how that the last post was three months ago but I bought it on Steam and can't wait to see how it turns out...My question is if there are plans to allow multiple controller inputs? I have a DFGT wheel with Fanatec pedals and the game will detect the wheel but not the pedals...I just play with a gamepad for now but the game is good enough to play with a wheel if my pedals worked.

I haven't really messed around with the game too much because it is very early access but it has alot of potential. Just saw there was an update yesterday so will have to check it out again.

Multiple controller support is being worked on. The latest patch was a step towards it as the game can now recognize more DirectInput devices than a single wheel.

Personally I find driving with G27 and force feedback very cool. It's true that the view can get obstructed by the deform in cockpit or hood cam, but you could always switch to the bumper cam at that point, or just live with it for added difficulty. :) (In fact, even the chase cam is surprisingly drivable with a wheel.)

Great news, Thanks for the reply...looking forward to seeing how this game progresses.....Just what I have played so far is as good as the original games so imagining how this concept could be on today's pc's gets me excited...can't wait to see how far ya'll take it....Now, how long to MP? You knew it had to be asked...lol

How about future DLC ideas's? I have one. A Carmageddon DLC copying the original Carmageddon. That would be ace. There are still loads of Carma fans about.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 155 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 151 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.7%
  • < 5 years