9 Le Mans Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
David,

it's not about the area or the numbers of disconnects. It's about the points distribution because of disconnects. Nobody cared about teams disconnecting in the past. When our driver disconnected we weren't happy. We didn't complain. It happens....It's about the fact that some teams are awarded with points after they disconnected because of the red flag. While single disconnects in the past are rewarded with no points. Because of this the point distribution is compromised and so is the fairness of the championship.
I would like to have a statement in general from race control regarding the arguments as stated above. Not pointing to any personal or team (dis)advantages.

Race at Most was red flagged when 6 cars disconnected at the same time.

As this is a unusual thing, the fact that it repeated 2 weeks later made us think in the first moments that the same that happened in Most will happen, and we had to make a quick decision before more laps were done and everything was even more complicated.

So we decided to stop the race, later, after speak to the teams, we decided to not restart it.

I understand you are disappointed, but there are one thing I don't accept, you said championship fairness is compromised, and that is very questionable.

In real life, is rare to see a red flag if one car crashes unless (something that doesn't happen in simracing) somebody is very injuried or dead. But if 4 or 6 cars crash at the same time be sure the possibilities of a red flag are very high.

But answering to your question about disconnections and minidumps. It's not the same if 6 drivers disconnect during the race, in different momments, than if they do at the same time. If they do in different momments, it can be one's cat press ESC, other had a powerdown, other one a disco, other one a minidump, other one a visit from his uncle he doesn't see since 1987 and the other was just bored and quit. Of course we don't know the causes, but we have to accept they are not "our fault" since they don't seem to be related and we don't have a fast and direct connection with every driver (NOTE: something to work in for the future if we get more help on organising).

On the other side, 4 drivers drop in the same second, after what happened in Most, we were almost sure something was wrong with the server and the race had to be stop, because it was "our fault". We had to made the decision before more race went on and more conflicts raise when we stop it (like "I overtook X before you communicated the red flag", and so on...). I was surprised when 1 minute later there weren't more disco and the server was still up but the decision was made. Was the right decision? IMHO in that precise momment, yes, 4 minutes later, not that sure, as it seems was something out of our responsibility.

Hope you see the difference now.

Cheers.

P.S.- Look at it from a positive perspective, in the race you only had one car running because technical problems (FDR) or because one of your teams didn't show up (FCR), only half points are scored. In this way you were one of the most benefited teams, even if a red flag is never desiderable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.3%