5.- GRAND PRIX DE DAYTONA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Race Report

Qualied 5th: made a few mistakes but was hapy for 5th.

Race: managed to pass Roland around the outside of T1 :) on the first lap, was pretty chuffed about that.
He was alot faster than me through sector 1 and 2 but he could never pass me, The Ford down the straight was not very fast at all , Theo's aston was extremly fast down the straight, i think theo had an incident with Roland.
Roland managed to pass me after about 15 mins? was a block pass at T1 :)
Can't realy remember what happened for the rest of the lap, apart from Mike Minidumping? and then seeing Loffler into the barrier at T1 LOL :)
It was then a BVM 1-3, was getting excited but then the server crashed.

I say make the race half points :)

Mid ohio should be fun, I wonder where the weather forecast is going to be at? (Iceland? :D)

Race Report

Qualifying

Managed to set a good laptime, but still lost about a tenth in the fast chicane - was too careful there, and with the small engine of the Ultima, it cost a lot in the following straight until the start-finish line. No worries there, starting second was more than expected for this car in this particular circuit (276 kmh as top speed isn't very promising).

Race

In the pace lap, the safety car and the leader were lagging. I therefore thought that I could be lagging for the people behind too. It was unusual, since it never happened like that before. Perhaps the server was having some issues, already.

Had a decent start, but with lag all around I was too careful in turn one. Dropped down to 3rd, and had Ben right behind me in 4th. This was really confortable, because our worry for the first lap was really that we have low power, and with cars all together, we could lose some positions. With Ben behind me, I knew that, at least for me, it wouldn't be so bad.

The Corvette was attacking the leader in the Marcos (I think), so I decided to just wait in 3rd and see what would happen. I was much quicker in sector one, and I used that to my advantage then saving some fuel, breaking eaelier. It was a strategy in case I needed to overtake in pit-stops. After a small mistake in the chicane, I got really close to the Corvette, but of course, no chance to overtake being about 20 kmh slower in the straights. I got really close after turn one, and dived inside in turn two, got out with a clean pass. Then I began to catch the leader... had a more confortable gap to the Corvette behind, and was closing in slowly.

The Corvette got really close to me before turn one in the next lap, but I guess he forgot I'm coming with a much slower top speed and my car is smaller and ligher. So I was braking much later, and this probably confused him. He went straight on, blocking his wheels, spinning in the grass. Then I was really confortable, with Ben coming about 5.0 seconds behind, the leader just there in the horizon... BVM 1-3...

I began to catch him slowly, but didn't last long... he went out with connection problems... and me too, in the next lap, with everyone else...

Doesn't matter how we'll do this for next week, if we're gonna start from the positions that we were on Race or if we're doing Qualifying all over again (doesn't make sense, though, cause we had no issues in Qualifying yesterday, right?). We have a week now to find a couple of tenths more...

Thanks for hosting.

Small issue starting in same positions is that there could be driver changes due to other commitments. Not a big deal because somebody will always be unhappy with the starting decision.

• Roland Ehnström

I was very happy with my qualifying effort, the Ford does not go much faster than that, 1:46.9 was a PB lap for me.

I saw a LOT of lag on the formation lap and decided to play it safe in T1, braking early and guarding the inside. As a consequence I was passed on the outside by Ben (nice move!). The following laps I tried to re-pass just about everywhere, as I was losing time behind him, but his car was lagging a lot (server issue I believe, not Ben's fault in any way) and the Ford is hopeless on the straights, so it was very difficult to find a way past. At one point I was passed myself by an Aston when I tried to go the long way round Ben in T1. Next lap I got on the inside of the Aston when he tried the same outside move on Ben, and of course there was a lag-touch and he spun. :( I didn't feel it was my fault - I placed my car on the inside, the Aston driver didn't give a lot of room (was probably focusing on Ben and didn't notice I was there) and there was a lot of lag.

Next a Porsche tried to pass me on the outside on the entrance to T1 but he disappeared into the grass. I didn't see or feel any touch at all, so I believe it was another lag-touch or possibly driver error. Then Ben slid very deep into the chicane and we touched on the exit when he got back to the racing line, which lost me a lot of speed and almost saw me being passed by a Mustang. Braking really late for T1 saved that position, and then I could start pressuring Ben again.

Next lap Ben missed the chicane completely and lifted off, which let me into his slipstream. I managed to get to the inside into T1 this time and finally got past. At the same time I think Simian and Löffler crashed (?), and suddely I was in second place! Exactly two seconds later the server died.

Race Report.

Really surprised at the pace of the Vertigo, I wasn't expecting to be setting the pace here.
Quali was ok but made a few errors, was really pushing for a pb maybe a bit too much, anyway was happy to grab pole.

The race started well, everything going to plan, was happy I could maintain position. Then just trying to forget people behind me and run a consistent pace, was feeling confident had some more speed in my pocket, happy my strategy was the right one everything goin well, then BOOOM!!!! Megadump and pc froze then crashed completely, not sure what it was but my race was over. Gutted I went to the fridge found a beer, sparked a smoke, came back to my restarted pc and saw the message on our shout box "server crash".....lucky me.

Megadump and pc froze then crashed completely, not sure what it was but my race was over. Gutted I went to the fridge found a beer, sparked a smoke, came back to my restarted pc and saw the message on our shout box "server crash".....lucky me.

That was different from what other people that I spoke with got, though... we all had "Connection Lost" and were returned to GTR Evo's Main Menu. So perhaps you were extra lucky there :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 205 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 111 7.6%