5.- GRAND PRIX DE DAYTONA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it is clear but I don't understand why we don't use real world forecasts when they are available.

Because I would have to manually generate the weather file (knowing in which minute will start to rain, when it will be stop, etc) in one side, then, the real forecasts are not that accurate that it says if it will really rain or not during the race, so again will be me deciding that. I know this is done in other competitions, but I don't see it as a good system. If there was a system gathering real forecast and automatically generating a weather file for GTR Evo with the small variables in random way we will for sure use it, but we don't have it.

More than that I'm just very dissappointed that we will have a "down to luck" race. Thunderstorms on ovals combined with our kill-your-car anticuts are terrible combination. I'm just waiting for all those incident reports...

Well, I hope rain is not that bad at the end, or lasts for not all the race, I actually don't know it, that's the thing I like from this system.

About the anticuts... I thought all teams would be happy with them because there was big cutting discussion last year in many tracks : /

Xose the Anticuts are on "most" tracks ok but on Daytona these anticuts at the backstrait chicane are more dangerus as they help cuz of there
damn close placing to the optimum line there is no room for errors and errors unfortunate happen sometimes in this special case they will
probaly end your race and cuz of the direction you get pushed ppl following will drive right into you so you mostlikley will end there race too
but its anyway to late to change this so i just hope all will go well

• Roland Ehnström

I see absolutely nothing wrong with racing in the rain, especially not in a top-class GT racing league. As I have said many times before, managing the elements is an important part of GT endurance racing. This league would be worse if we only had dry races, and the sim would be worse if there was no rain (like in iRacing).

To be honest I'm getting rather tired of this moaning I hear every time we have a wet race (not just in this league). I think I'll start to moan every time we have a dry race, just to show how stupid it is to moan about the weather. :)

Rain makes it harder? Go slower! Anti-cut kerbs makes it harder? Go slower! Adapt, adapt, adapt! We are supposed to be some of the best sim racing drivers on this planet, should we not be able to handle any conditions thrown our way? Personally I am happy I get the chance to prove that I can handle this track in tricky conditions, bring it on! :D

I realize this probably means I will crash out of the race after clipping an anti-cut kerb after aqua-planing into the chicane, but if that happens I promise I will not blame the weather. :)

just to make clear i am not moaning about the Rain or the Anticuts in general, its just my verry personal opinion that they are placed a bit to close
to the racing line in this chicane as they realy dont let room for the smallest error, but again thats only my opinion and as sayed above anyway to late
to change

But aren't those anti-cut obstacles the same for every driver MH? We know they are there, and drivers should avoid clipping them by taking a little more caution passing those objects :)

I must say I really look forward to the race as the weather elements and the track objects will promise a lot of action. For me as a tv viewer this is the best i could wish for :) I don't mind a few cars flipping up side down because they push too hard :) Its all about racing, can't wait for the broadcast to start :thumb:

Good luck everybody

I realize this probably means I will crash out of the race after clipping an anti-cut kerb after aqua-planing into the chicane, but if that happens I promise I will not blame the weather. :)

I'll be sure to look for that on lap 2 when I come round there. :D
I'm not really that dissappointed to see it rain but the fact that the forecasts before today were totally showing 100% dry race and that there is no correlation between our weather and real weather. Also... I get really bad fps in the rain. :(

I'm not really that dissappointed to see it rain but the fact that the forecasts before today were totally showing 100% dry race and that there is no correlation between our weather and real weather. (

That it's true, but maybe (and I see maybe because I don't know so don't take it as a clue) is just a "spring storm" somewhere in the middle of the race and not a continuous rain?

Please stop complaining about the weather. It's hard driving in thunder and rain but we just have to accept it. Change the carsetting and drive. We should see a great race, dry or wet. Wish it will be dry or wet. Our team is the first in the pitlane and you need some time to configure setting for rain than.. Pitlane is very long here.

• Roland Ehnström

Our team is the first in the pitlane and you need some time to configure setting for rain than.. Pitlane is very long here.

Pit positions are handed out randomly by the game as far as I know. We also get the first pit stalls when we practice on our team server. Anyway, you can make these changes (tire choice) on the track, just press the "Pit Menu" button, you don't have to do it in the pit-lane.

Another note, notice the forecast only has two "rain types":

chanceofrain.png
CHANCE OF RAIN

rain.png
RAIN

So don't take it as "thunderstorms" necessarly. First one means that is not sure if it will rain (so the rain in case of come won't be heavy) and the second one means it will rain almost for sure, but it not necessarly has to be heavy rain.

tips and tricks

So learning today, Pitmenu great one and logging in late :)

Will do set button preset for the Pitmenu. Thanks!

Good luck in the race tonight, see you there.

ps don't forget, it's Earth Day in Holland today. Donno if it's in the rest of the world.

Earth Day wiki

• Roland Ehnström

So don't take it as "thunderstorms" necessarly. First one means that is not sure if it will rain (so the rain in case of come won't be heavy) and the second one means it will rain almost for sure, but it not necessarly has to be heavy rain.

Thanks, but is this common knowledge? Why have we never been told about it before (have we?). I had no idea, I thought the thunderstorm pic meant "heavy rain" for sure. Hope we won't have another of those boring damp races we had a bunch of last season, I want PROPER rain for once!

I think I confused you now.

The pic "rain" yes, means proper rain (for wet tyres if this was F1), but thunderstorms in Race07 are the extreme rain, like 90% or 100% (for extreme wet in real F1), and that is not guaranteed, that's why I say "dont take it as sure thunderstorms". It's just it will rain during the race, can be normal rain, heavy rain or extreme, we don't know, and we also don't know if it will rain 20, 50 or 90 minutes, if it will stop, etc :)

With "Chance of rain" let's say you can have a full dry race, a damp race or a normal rain race, but not a extreme wet race. You also don't know when it will rain, for how long, etc, but the ammount will never be extreme.

Cya!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline