3 GRAN PREMIO DE TROIS RIVIERES

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've checked the interview calendar during the race and I saw you were racing, you wanted to be interviewed while racing? :D

LOL.Nicola is a multithread new generation guy, where is the problem? When we are going for the trainings laps, I have to mute his voice :).

Congrats to all guys for the fantastic race with few mistakes.
Congrats to the podium and at the broadcast guys, I saw the race and it was however good

(the second time, was 4th and him 15th) Konrad Stanczak which has taken the first corner wide, i took inside place and made my pass. The second corner he didn't care about his line, he took me in back of car and made me spin.
I am very sorry Nicola. Blue flags waved all over the place and ive let you pass in T1. More guys on lead laps came in close as we were in T2 and i was on the inlap for my pitstop trying to change some settings. So i was taking T2 inside all confused and just stepped on the brake a bit too late and punted you. Nothing deliberate - honest mistake. I am very sorry, please forgive me.

I was very nervous going into qualifying because of the nature of this track. Well being nervous never helps and I messed up my lap but still ended up 3rd in the grid. So I was pleasantly surprised that with a bad lap I was still in a good position.

Race started well when I was able to get pass Hellsten but then I hit a wall with Carlsson whom I just could not find a way pass. Then after following him closely he got hit by Chris File when being lapped. I had to wait so Hellsten passed me and then in the next turn I went too deep and Rami got me too. So I was now third and again not able to pass anybody because of my aero config. Everybody just ran away from me on the straights. Eventually Hellsten pitted and I we passed him and I did my stop a few laps later. I eventually came back on P3 but was easily catching Rami and Hellsten and fast. So after they both pitted I got the lead and decided that I'm not going to give it back. So I pushed on and pitted finally for the 2nd time. By the time I was back running I had a healthy lead and an easy cruise to victory...until something happened. It seems that Simon Melhuish tried something strange to ruin my race. He ran deep in T1, hit the wall, then proceeded to run wide in T2 and actually even accelerated before he hit the wall nose first??? Then he spun right infront of me and I had nowhere to go. I hit him nose first but luckily managed to carry on. I felt clearly that the car wasn't ok anymore because the front was jumping and wobbling under braking. I still had a good gap to the next guy so I just nursed the car to the finish with no risk taking what so ever.

Congrats to Peter for P2 and Rick for P3. Also congrats to everybody who actually made it to the finish in one piece. See you all in another race yet to be determined. :D

Big congratulations to Mikko, 2 races, 2 wins superb effort bud!

Quali was ok but an overcautious lap saw me 5 tenths away from my pb but still 8th so happy enough.

Race.
After the start and a few laps I felt in a good rhythm and stayed with the lead pack for most of the first stint getting into 4th at best at one point but slipping back to 5th when I had a volume issue and had to adjust while driving.
Went for a 2 stop strategy and was a little concerned mid race that it was not as good as a one stopper, but throughout testing the 2 stop had proved useful so stuck to the plan.
Had some great battles on the way and was in 6th feeling comfortable in front of Nicola Dorigatti when on lap 61 I lapped Dinca Andrei then he out braked himself into the back of me forcing me into the service road on T5, I managed to get going straight away but had lost my place to Nicola.
The rest of the race I looked for a way past but with no opertunity brought it home in 7th.
We had some very close, fair racing there Nicola, nice one !
Overall happy with the points for the team and delighted for Mikko.

Thanks to all.

Well that was a very interesting night for me, and I wasn't even racing :D

I joined the TS server with microphone problems but I soon got them fixed with help from Xose :thumb: and I joined the server lobby to realise I had a mod clash! So disaster struck and I had to frantically delete files I didn't need and rejoined the server, to find I was in need to be a Safety car driver, luckily not the main guy as I had barely done any laps around here before, I stuck at the back and even that was a struggle as my G25 had no FF in it :D Anyway, commentating time and there was no sound on the broadcast for a while from no fault of our own which kind of added to the chaos of the night so far. Then Eckhart has screen problems so once the sound was back I had to be the sole commentator for a while, and on my first try was quite difficult (Eckhart makes it look so easy :D) and with Xose helping out Eckhart I had no clue what car the broadcast was showing, so just had to find a good battle and talk about it, while not wanting to interrupt Xose and Eckhart :D Luckily Eckhart was back and took the lead role while I just scanned the track for battles and pitstops. But suddenly, disaster! My microphone kept braking up and I couldn't speak for about 10minutes, once it was fixed I could rejoin the commentary team for the remainder of the broadcast :D

Was a hectic night but was good fun and I hope STC will invite back into the box again soon :) Grats to Mikko and all who finished, the pace yesterday was outstanding!!

Shocking round from my self!! I probably shouldnt of raced as i had a very busy day at work and when i sat down to race my arms and legs were just too tired.

In Quali i managed to spin the car in a turn i have never had a spin when practicing so i had to start 2nd to last, Then in T1 of the race i hit the outside wall. On a recovery i got spun out in t3 and then had a few more incidents which resulted in a lot of running around on my own. With about 25 minutes left i was struggling with the car then in T2 i got put off by a blue flag and hit the outside wall, bounced back and caused Mikko to come to a stop so i decided to call it a day and go get a ice cold beer.

OK rewiev of my first race.

qual: omfg Pole???? ok I did a dicent lap but hoped for top 10.

Race. nervous as h-ll :)
could easily hold my first place because Mikko hade to much wing but had a little slow racepace.
I think Mikko bumped me way to many times, only luck that we didnt crash. felt safer when Hellsten was in my back.
Some backmarker ruined the day :(
fighted my way up and ended 2nd. took it easy the last stint and little more problems with backmarkers.

But I´m very satisfied with the result for me and the team.
Grats to Mikko and Hellsten.

Epic night for me!

Got many BSODs (blue screen of the death) at 19:15 CET. Tried to reinstall my graphic card, but it was impossible too (7-zip data error ?!).... I can't believe how i can be so damned!

Luckily, i was able to do the race (with the WDDM Windows drivers) and what a race!

Quali: i made the 13th time, not my best but not too bad.

Race: The start was good and quickly i got a very good fight with Jari Vinari. I think we stayed together during ~60 minutes of the race, it was really fantastic. I tried all that i can do, but impossible to pass! Damn, i love this kind of racing!

I finished 11th, and our team finally finished a race :p

2 minutes after the end of the race, i got one other BSOD (lucky !!!)

Grats to the podium and the STC staff for this awesome simracing moment!

Epic night too !

I am the reserve man of the team and decide to replace my teammate 2min before the quali.

Quali : 21th, I haven't drive the doran on this track before, and don't know really well this canadian track....
Just be cool and try to make a lap without breacking my car.

Race : 16th
I can try the setting and the Doran during the warmup, just try to finish the race without killing another one.
Objective complete !

2 Project D drivers finishing a race, what the hell !

I am very sorry Nicola. Blue flags waved all over the place and ive let you pass in T1. More guys on lead laps came in close as we were in T2 and i was on the inlap for my pitstop trying to change some settings. So i was taking T2 inside all confused and just stepped on the brake a bit too late and punted you. Nothing deliberate - honest mistake. I am very sorry, please forgive me.

I see, during the race i have to admit i was a little bit furious, but now im relaxed :D
the only thing i can say is to do settings changes in straights and not when you are fighting or have car near you. Anyway, it doesn't mind, i think you learned some and i did too!

Had some great battles on the way and was in 6th feeling comfortable in front of Nicola Dorigatti when on lap 61 I lapped Dinca Andrei then he out braked himself into the back of me forcing me into the service road on T5, I managed to get going straight away but had lost my place to Nicola.
The rest of the race I looked for a way past but with no opertunity brought it home in 7th.
We had some very close, fair racing there Nicola, nice one !
Thanks to all.
Yes we fight a lot! i was in ts with my team mate and i was asking continuosly to tell me my time and your time,because i wanted to have the point of our laptimes.. Unfortunately for you, but was good for me, you hitted the wall a lot of time and that helped me to pass you and then to go away (not so much)...
i've done the last lap completely scared about spins...
Thank you for the race and congrats Adam!

could easily hold my first place because Mikko hade to much wing but had a little slow racepace.
I think Mikko bumped me way to many times, only luck that we didnt crash. felt safer when Hellsten was in my back.

Yes I agree we touched too many times. Most of the time it was my fault and I take the blame. Although I was so much faster in all the turns than you were that when I saw you make mistakes I always took the space you left and tried to either get a better exit or hope for another mistake so I could pass. Few times you just came to the line I was on and then other times I was too aggressive to put my nose where I shouldn't. All in all I didn't do anything that would have done damage to my or your race. I hope you understand that I wasn't trying to bump you off my way. With the circuit being as it is and the cars being able to take some light contacts I don't think our 17 lap battle affected your race or mine.

Anyway I apologize if I was too aggressive.

Also could somebody please get us the broadcast?

Mikko, u bumped Peter way too many times in my opinion.
Some bumps are okej, but not lap after lap, and not in T2 / T3 and such corner were its impossible to pass, even if he leves a mm opening, u shouldnt go for it.
Its a bigger risk that u crash him, then the chance u are getting by.

"All in all I didn't do anything that would have done damage to my or your race"

Well, u didnt, but u wasnt far away from it.

If i was Peter, i had let u by, then wrecked u in the next corner, so luckey Peter aint me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.1%