2014 TUDOR United SportsCar Championship

It's sad to see how low the t.v. ratings are for non - NASCAR races here in the states. No businessman in his right mind is going to invest in a losing proposition like IndyCar , ALMS , Grand - Am or the current Tudor series. No one watches , and other than places like Sebring and Petit , no one attends. That's too bad.:(

Having said that , it was an enjoyable Tudor race at Long Beach yesterday. The P2 cars were competitive and the racing was close with no caution periods. Maybe they should let them run with a smaller field and pro drivers more often.:)

It sure doesn't help that it's not readily aired. I totally woulda watched if I'd een able to find it. But NO! not even aired. Shameful.

Well I don't have cable :O_o: and I watched the race on TV. And it was streamed on the IMSA website....
Didn't even try the IMSA site, since I couldn't find a stream for the last two races.
Here the only racing that aired was NASCAR. Then there was golf. There was also some other sports I didn't care about ... But no TUDOR racing.
I'll check IMSA again next time.

But *SPOILER*

The GTLM race for first was pretty bad because a DP got in the way, and the Corvette C7 ran away with it.....happened in the first few laps, so not really that big of a spoiler....

Didn't even try the IMSA site, since I couldn't find a stream for the last two races.
Here the only racing that aired was NASCAR. Then there was golf. There was also some other sports I didn't care about ... But no TUDOR racing.
I'll check IMSA again next time.
Yeah, the IMSA site has all of the info for the broadcasting of each race. + they upload the races to YT afterwards. But during LongBeach there were 50000000000 commercials. :(

Tudor United Sportscar Championship - IMSA: DP teams face balancing act as TUDOR Championship resumes in Monterey

Looks like more changes for Laguna Seca this weekend. Another problem I have with this series is that they cut what was supposed to be a four hour race into two separate races. But whatever, if the DPs are balanced with the normal prototypes, maybe I can overlook the distance issue.
They are making a joke of this. It's supposed to be endurance racing and frankly the DP's have no business in the same butchered class as the lmp2's.

They are making a joke of this. It's supposed to be endurance racing and frankly the DP's have no business in the same butchered class as the lmp2's.

The DPs are weird period. If they wanted to balance them with the others, rules and regulations should have been put in place well before the season got under way... which they obviously didn't. Either score the DPs as a separate class or ban 'em. That's what I think. ;)

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 113 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 293 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing