2012 Formula One Canadian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for Massa - it's a whole different story there. It's very sad everyone considers him as a bad racing driver. How fast everyone forgot he beat Kimi (I'm a fan of Kimi btw) at 2008 and was ahead of him before the crash @ Hungary @ 2009. Anyways, we're getting off topic here.. and we shouldn't...

It's not a debate over his past performance, it's over his current performance. And right now, he's certainly not performing to the expectations that come from driving for Ferrari. He has a measly 11 points so far while his teammate has 86.

Driver skills? It's a season where setuping your car matters a lot. That's why Button doesn't have the pace at the last few races. If you get your setup right - you're at the top. Why do you think we're having so many winners? 7 races with 7 different winners, it's strange, don't you think? I mean.. c'mon.. Maldonado? Even Maldonado? Setup is the key this season. As for Massa - it's a whole different story there. It's very sad everyone considers him as a bad racing driver. How fast everyone forgot he beat Kimi (I'm a fan of Kimi btw) at 2008 and was ahead of him before the crash @ Hungary @ 2009. Anyways, we're getting off topic here.. and we shouldn't...

Well, answer me this: why is it that Button can't get the setup right and Lewis can? Same team, same data, completely different results. Only thing that changes between the two McLarens is the driver.

First of all Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton for Getting his 1st win
Sebastian, Alonso and Lewis these are going to give everything now and i guess we will see these 3 for Most times in Press conferences of Saturday and Sunday.
Alonso and Sebastian must be feeling hard due to loss of Podiums but they will be in the Hunt but Gambles will paid off at some stages not all the time
It looks like Vettel is back to his form of Qualification like previous years
But What's going on with Jenson he looked like he was the only man can stop Sebastian in the Last year but this time he was Getting lapped by His team mate.
Well is there a Problem with the car or he was got used to the EBD more??
I really want the see these 3 Big Drivers in Gala 2012 holding the Trophies but don't know who will lift which trophy

Driver skills? It's a season where setuping your car matters a lot. That's why Button doesn't have the pace at the last few races. If you get your setup right - you're at the top. Why do you think we're having so many winners? 7 races with 7 different winners, it's strange, don't you think? I mean.. c'mon.. Maldonado? Even Maldonado? Setup is the key this season. As for Massa - it's a whole different story there. It's very sad everyone considers him as a bad racing driver. How fast everyone forgot he beat Kimi (I'm a fan of Kimi btw) at 2008 and was ahead of him before the crash @ Hungary @ 2009. Anyways, we're getting off topic here.. and we shouldn't...
I agree with this, but I do think driving is still playing a significant role for those that do not get the set up right.

Some drivers seem to be able to drive a car despite not having the perfect setup (Alonso and Hamilton). It seems Alonso is where he is in the standings becasue of this (and other factors of course).

Give most f1 drivers a "good car, well set up", they will invariably drive well (apart from karthikeyen -only joking).

Give them a not so good car and that's where the boys get separated from the men (in f1 terms).

Well, answer me this: why is it that Button can't get the setup right and Lewis can? Same team, same data, completely different results. Only thing that changes between the two McLarens is the driver.

Well, different engineer? It's the engineer that's setuping the car, not the driver. If you remember, last year, Melbourne? Button struggled like hell. He was like this till the Canadian GP. When the car feels different - his engineer always takes a lot of time till he finds the key. That's why I wanted even last year Button to hire a new engineer. Altho at the end of the season Button improved a lot. I think Button is definitely in form this year. He showed it at Melbourne, he showed it at Malaysia, China. If you look through the races, his struggling begins with the new nose of the car. New nose - new way to setup the car - years for his engineer to find out what to do. That's why I'm sad for Button. He's a really good driver, he has potential, he's been in bad teams all his career and now when he's in a good one - he has again bad luck.

Anyways, he'll improve sooner or later. :) Too bad he'll be even more points off the leaders. Now he's with half of their points.. But... Nothing to do.. :)

Seven winners out of seven races is absolutely fantastic. It can get even be better when Massa, Schumi, Kimmi and Grosjean will take their first victory of the year.

Great race, such a shame I was playing football, recorded the full programme and little brother deleted it on me -_- but the highlights were still great. Ferrari made a huge error, Webber too screwed up his strategy big time.

Great podiums for Perez and Grosjean, the future of F1 right there.

Seven winners out of seven races is absolutely fantastic. It can get even be better when Massa, Schumi, Kimmi and Grosjean will take their first victory of the year.
fair play, but I don't agree. Of course we want competition, and different winners, but it's almost too much of a lottery at the moment. Driver skill almost doesn't come in to it sometimes, it's just if a drivers' tyres happen to be working with that particular car on that particular day/weekend. And also with these new tyres, drivers can only properly push for about 3 laps of each race because it screws tyres when driving flat out. To me, that says the tyres are inadequate for the job. Just putting it out there, as I know it's not the most popular view on it :)
Don't get me wrong, it's damn entertaining, but a little false to me :)

fair play, but I don't agree. Of course we want competition, and different winners, but it's almost too much of a lottery at the moment. Driver skill almost doesn't come in to it sometimes, it's just if a drivers' tyres happen to be working with that particular car on that particular day/weekend. And also with these new tyres, drivers can only properly push for about 3 laps of each race because it screws tyres when driving flat out. To me, that says the tyres are inadequate for the job. Just putting it out there, as I know it's not the most popular view on it :)
Don't get me wrong, it's damn entertaining, but a little false to me :)
I agree with you i don't want to get this kind of entertainment
May be sauber is Quicker but not much as to be in Podium for twice
I'm not saying this due to i don't like sauber but i was saying this cos it was too much of Tire related Both Grosjean and Perez did an excellent job of Saving tires and Pushed very little which made them Enough to be for a 1 stop.
I really love 7 winners in 7 different races but not in this kind of Tire relations
A Win matters most for any driver it must be earned in hard way by Wheel to Wheel racing not by conservation of tires.
If we had the 7 out of 7 with Wheel to Wheel racing i guess i will be the one of those by watching the Driver skills at a Very high level and Hailing the Drivers all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 293 27.6%