2012 FIA World Endurance Championship

Even though 30 cars are making a terrible entry list for an endurance race, I can´t wait for Sebring! :)

There are 60+ cars for Sebring, only 30 for/from the WEC. There will be more cars that show up at each WEC race, the ACO/FIA had to put a cap on the number of WEC cars because WEC cars get an automatic invite to Le Man, and at Le Man they can't have more then 56 cars, so that's 27 spots open for invites outside of the WEC cars.

Don't know who else listens to Radio Le Mans but those guys will have some live coverage of practice and qualifying, as well as the race. Check them out at radiolemans.com. They also have a weekly show covering all motorsports called Midweek Motorsports (F1, sports cars, IRL, NASCAR) it's on Wednesday at 18:00 GMT time, 3:00 EST (i think that's right). They are based in the UK and sometimes I don't get their humor ;) but overall I really like the show.

Will the race streamed on the Alms page ? Like last year.
yes it will :)

In 2011, the American Le Mans Series presented by Tequila Patrón more ways than ever to watch the world’s most entertaining form of motorsport – ABC and ESPN2 on television plus live online and live on ESPN3.

The great news for fans is that the platform is expanding for 2012. One of the most anticipated features of the new ALMS.com is a selection of in-car views for the entirety of an ALMS race. It’s a view that racing fans and car enthusiasts alike will be drawn toward.
http://www.americanlemans.com/articles/alms-ways-watch-car-extravaganza

There are 60+ cars for Sebring, only 30 for/from the WEC. There will be more cars that show up at each WEC race, the ACO/FIA had to put a cap on the number of WEC cars because WEC cars get an automatic invite to Le Man, and at Le Man they can't have more then 57 cars, so that's 27 spots open for invites outside of the WEC cars.

Thought about that a couple of minutes later too, still.. Thx for reminding. :)

All right lets start with the predictions here is mine.

LMP1
1. Audi # 1
2. Audi # 2
3. Muscle Milk # 6

LMP2
1. Signatech Nissian # 23
2. Starworks Motorsports # 44
3. Level 5 Motorsports # 055

GTE Pro
1. Corvette Racing # 4
2. BMW Team RLL # 56
3. AF Corse # 51

GTE Am
1. Larbre Competition # 50
2. Luxury Racing # 58
3. Team Felbermayr-Proton # 88

PC (I have no clue)
1. Core Autosport # 06
2. Muscle Milk # 5
3. PR1 Mathiasen Motorsports # 52

GTC (no clue again)
1. Alex Job Racing # 22
2. TRG # 66
3. JDX Racing # 11

Yes I am a Corvette fan if you can't tell :)

Should be interesting to see how it matches up to the other LMP's! Still can't get over its odd shape (though at least it will be easy to distinguish at le mans :p) and wonder how good the front end stability is?

I can't stop comparing these two :p

2012-delta-wing-indycar-race-car-concept_100306148_m.jpg

batmobile_topclosedfront1.jpg

The Deltawing isn't new.
Two years ago it was introduced as potential replacement to the dallara in Indycar (fourtunetly it didn't win).
My prediction is that it will run Le Mans and then it will be folded, but I'd like to be proved wrong.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%