2.- GRAND PRIX DE L´ALGARVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good night for me and my team too.
Very happy with my qualifying (5th) because there were great people, shame that the RPM did not take part, but good news for friends :p

I take an agressive start where I fight immediatly with Degreef and Andersonn.
Soon, it appears that Degreef will be my main opponent and it will not cease to fight either one behind the other or remotely. As we are on a strategy shifted we need to fight all the time but it's pretty good.
By the end of the race Degreef a bit far (10s) but I remain in contact because I know that the race is not over yet. Indeed he take a stop and go. Ludovic (it was not Gregory who ran with me yesterday ;) ) and me take this opportunity to take the 5th and 6th place which allows us to take large points.

Thank you for the race, it was really intense for me.
Congratulations to the podium and particularly at RPM boys who have left the back of the grid and they removed my dream of podium (in mid-race, I've really believe it, a moment) :p

Hi! I have not yet look the broadcast I look forward to see if Beavis and Butthead on TV lol
I think everyone already knows that RPM drivers had to start the back row thats pity,Lap too I think,my game went black and when my game recover I saw next guy on the horizon.lol I tried to keep the speed and the overtake in an controlled and clean, there was only one hit it was flatout car sorry that.After about 30 min I catch a big group there was my buddy Butthead too Yeah Yeah so after we pass the group we were 3-4,we did pitstops same time and after pit I was 10 place but after lap by lap we got higher and higher and finish 3-4 It was good and funny race especially TS Yeah Yeah,keyboard guy...... lololollloool
Congratulations to Roland and Ludde nice ride and of course Marcin good job.:thumbup:
Big thanks to Eckhart, David and Xose I was in heat the whole 90 minutes, even my wife can not do that:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

• Peter Kull

During practice at Bahrain I was preparing my self to take a seat in one of theDMSv2 cars but unfortunately I had to go on a business trip to Denmark. Since John and Johan did a good job at Bahrain I was looking forward to beat their score at Algarve :cool:
It has been intense activity on the team server and everyone has put down a lot of laps to get the most out of our cars. So a big thanks to my teamies for helping out with strategies and car tuning!

Qualifying
Normally I’m having difficulties to match my best times in qualy but this time I was just a couple of tenths from my best time. During practice I experienced some “cut track warnings” going wide in turn one, so I guess taking it slow there cost me those tenths. I was quite pleased to get a top 10 position on the grid.

Race
As always for me it’s key to stay out of trouble in the beginning of an endurance race but unfortunately Johannes Norberg in the Ultima was of a different opinion and hit me from behind on lap 3 and that put me down to 18th position. From that point I was first of all angry like :mad: and secondly really so focused that John and Johan who was engineers was unable to get in contact with me. After ten laps or so I finally got my hearing back and heard from John that I was on track with my tyre strategy so I could push even harder. For the second part of the stint I was catching up on Teo Bubicic and noticed that my tyres was in better shape in the end of the stint. Teo did his pitstop on lap 23 when I decide to stay out for one lap more. After my pit stop I manage to pass Teo but my pace was not as good as his in the beginning of the stints. After trying to defend my self for a couple of laps I decided to back of and take care of my tyres and se if I could make a move at the end of the race. Unfortunately for me Teo could keep the distance to the finish line.

I must say that it’s a pleasure to drive when most of the cars have different strengths and weaknesses that make it possible for different strategies. It was real fun to try to drive as tight as possible when the guys with two-stop strategies came up behind with new tyres and mine were nearly worn out. I could feel how frustrated they were having a hard time to pass. Some drivers could handle the frustration better than others :smile:

From position 18 I’m pleased to finish in the top 10.

Grats to the podium and a special big thanks to the administration and all of you drivers for a great night with the entertainment I love the most. :thumbup:

• Roland Ehnström

As mentioned in the post-race interview, qualifying didn't go anywhere near as I hoped it would, and I was a bit lucky to still be 3rd on the grid (had the RPM drivers qualified I would have been 5th for sure, with little chance of winning the race). I was just too nervous and too afraid to get a cut-track penalty in T1, so I lost quite a lot of time there driving way too conservatively, and then later in the lap I again braked too early for a bend because I was overly nervous, and this caused me to turn in too early, hit the apex too early and run out of road on the exit, touching the gravel and losing a lot of speed. In the end my time was over 1 second slower than my personal best, and I was very disappoited with myself.

So, in the first lap of the race I was behind the very fast Corvette of Gregory Degreef. It could have been a nice fight, but sadly it was ruined by lag. His car was jumping back and forth all the time, making it impossible to have a close fight without running the risk of "invisible touches" as Phil Collins might say... Anyway, I set him up for a pass into the left-hand hairpin at the end of the lap, and without lag I think it would have been a clean pass or at least that we would have been able to drive two-wide through the bend and continue the fight, but now there was a lag-touch and Degreef got bumped off the line and lost a couple of positions. I'm sorry about that, but there was not much I could do to avoid it other than just sit back and wait for things to stabilize, which I wasn't prepared to do considering that others were pressuring me from behind (and once you let someone get close in this Ford GT you will immediately get passed, because the car seriousely lacks speed on the straights).

After this I closed the gap to my team-mate and he duly let me pass as planned, as I was on a more agressive strategy. Then I tried hard for a couple of laps to secure the bonus point for fastest lap, after which I had to take care of my tires for a while. The rest of the race was not much more than keeping a steady pace and managing tire wear, the only excitement being passing the DHR Porsche of Keith Barrick for position after my semi-early pit-stop.

So we ended up 1-2 and scored the bonus points for pole-position and fastest lap, it doesn't get any better than this! Sure we were helped a lot by RPM's administrative mishap, but this is also a part of team racing.

It's very very satisfying to score a result like this when you have practiced as much as I and the whole DMSv team did for this race. I found it much more fun and interesting to practice for this race than for any of the races last season, simply because we have two different tire compounds to chose from this season. I also liked the Algarve/Portimao track a lot, in my opinion it's the best new track built since they remodeled Spa 30 years ago.

Thank you to the organizers and everyone in our great team, and congratulations to RPM and Project D for very strong drives and results!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back