rF2 2.5h WEC @ Silverstone - Sat 17th May

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I am finding the Porsche an absolute nightmare to drive, nothing like iv driven in any other Sim. Does anyone have any ideas?

It oversteers on a tiny bit of throttle and i have strange off throttle low-speed spins, nothing like im used too.

I let the AI do a few laps and it looks great, will give it a go myself later on!

One thing I noticed was that the mirrors face toward the ground, the virtual mirrors also.

Last edited:
I am finding the Porsche an absolute nightmare to drive, nothing like iv driven in any other Sim. Does anyone have any ideas?

It oversteers on a tiny bit of throttle and i have strange off throttle low-speed spins, nothing like im used too.

I'm not sure what the issue could be. I've not heard from anyone else who's had encountered this. Are you using traction control, and have you tinkered with the differential? These might help to alleviate the problem. :thumbsup:

One thing I noticed was that the mirrors face toward the ground, the virtual mirrors also.

Ah, yes. The mirrors in the R18, especially when using the cockpit view, are quite strange. It seems OK if you use the nose or TV cockpit cameras; however, I appreciate that this may not be ideal, so you would need to alter your seating position in the car. I think @Dennis Coufal found a way to improve visibility in the mirrors. :D

I'm not sure what the issue could be. I've not heard from anyone else who's had encountered this. Are you using traction control, and have you tinkered with the differential? These might help to alleviate the problem. :thumbsup:

I haven't tried any TC but have changed diff settings to try to stop the low speed spins but it doesn't seem to have helped. I will persevere because i really want to like the car and do well in the upcoming race.

I haven't tried any TC but have changed diff settings to try to stop the low speed spins but it doesn't seem to have helped. I will persevere because i really want to like the car and do well in the upcoming race.

Be sure to keep us in the loop regarding how it goes, so that we can track the issue if it continues to affect you. :thumbsup:

Server is up!
Weather conditions are the same as in the race

Note: The rF2 mod system is not 100% bug-free
Occasionally you might not be able to select all cars - if this happens, you can fix it this way:
  1. Uninstall all vmods related to GT3 Club and WEC
  2. Reinstall the BES mod
  3. Join the server and use GetMod

Pete I found the same.
Changes that helped a lot were:
Increase diff lock on coast quite a bit to stop those end swappers under brakes.
Lower rear ARB to basically min. also rear springs, rear tyre pressures, camber and slow bump shock settings.
All this should improve rear grip a lot and reduce oversteer on coast and throttle.
Also steering lock.
Basically get the rear as grippy as possible-the front end will write cheques the rear and cant cash.
Always always be on throttle once you have turned in, never lift mid corner.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 257 13.4%