1 - The rSeat 90 Minutes of Sebring

First race of the season went well for me and the team.

My qualification went OK-ish. Not my best lap but it was good enough to start P3 on the grid. I was happy with that. In the race I had battles with Roland Ehnström and Pablo Lopez. From the beginning I noticed that Pablo's car was faster. I suspected that his car would be much lighter on fuel which turned out to be the case later on. I could keep Pablo behind for quite a few laps while creating a gap for my teammate Enzo Bonito. Eventually I had to let Pablo go. I wasn't too worried about that because I knew Pablo had to pit much earlier. Roland, who was on the same strategy as me, was chasing me for the whole first stint. I was a bit nervous at the pitstop because Roland was right on my tail and I wanted to do the best possible stop to stay in front of him. I overshot the pit box. doh! That cost me a bit of time. To make it worse the pit crew was very slow on refueling my car. In the broadcast video you can clearly see that my pit crew was neck and neck with Roland's pit crew at the time of tire change. So something random is going on at the refueling time. I lost about 5 seconds! After the pitstop I was closing in on Roland but it wasn't enough to make a difference.

Congratulations to Enzo for winning the race and Roland for the podium finish :)

As a viewer who'd never seen the STC before I have to say I was well impressed. The broadcast was great until the last 5 mins or so when i started looping a comment about strategy for some reason :laugh:

There are some awesome drivers in this event and its great to see them fighting it out so closely for pretty much the full 90 mins. Very much looking forward to watching the next event.

That was so much fun!

Qualified 12th, which was meh, but I've never been that good in qualifying anyway. After the start, in which I kept my position, I had some good battles with Scott, Rens, Mads and Tommy amongst others. Then I pur my head down and tried to put the best laptimes possible to escape a bit from Scott behind. I was also lighter than everyone else and that helped me a lot catching Roland, but eventually I had to pit before reaching him. That's when it all went wrong. Refueling in this car is painfully slow (I somehow forgot that while deciding my strategy) and, as I was the first to pit in our little group I was the one to have the longest pit stop. And when I put 11L more than what was needed, it made things even worse.

After the pits sequence I was behind everyone else and had to do all the work again, but this time I was heavier than the others and that certainly didn't help. Had a fierce battle with Luigi and then I started catching up Scott and Oliver who were in a battle of their own. My goal was to overtake both of them if possible and I nearly tried a 3 wide overtake but there was no room, so I had to sit back and watch Scott go away while I was trying to pass Oliver, which I finally did :D

Eventually I finished 8th and I'm quite happy with that, although I'm disappointed with my pit stop.

Congratulations Enzo :)

Congrats to Enzo & podium places...great pace throughout.

I jumped in at the last minute with only a couple hours practice so i was no where near the guys up top or even in the top 30 :). I qualified 38th :whistling:

My plan was to take it easy and try to pick up places through default as i was never near fast enough to do it on merit. After the start i soon realized the drivers were so much better prepared than myself and had to put the foot down....& it never made a blind bit of difference lol.

I kept it steady for the whole race, picking up the pace nearer the end but my car was no where fast enough to do anything. Finished 29th, not great but it keeps up my good record in STC of finishing races.

Great work by all, cant wait to watch the replay to see those aliens burn up the track.

See ya all next time & hopefully i will be better prepared :)

Despite repeated warnings to not join as drivers, several non drivers joined as drivers, which meant actual drivers not being able to join.

I was one of the bad guys and am truly sorry for that. I was supposed to be on the server just not as a racer, which in race07 was not possible, so I did what I had done the last seven or so stc seasons and looking back that certainly was a dumb thing to do. It all amounted to us having one race marshall (me) less on board because I left and tried to swap identities with one of the two players left outside, so he could join under my name, but we were a few seconds too late. Sorry again, 100% my fault, old habits die hard.

Qualifying: Qualified with a time of 1:59.9xx. Not very good but it was enough to put me into the sixth position.

Race: I started averagely well and kept to the outside of the track after the first left hander.
Before braking for the second turn a Danielsson Motorsport car turned right into me. I fell back to position 25. I reported the incident and was told that the other car "had been issued a warning".
A warning for causing an absolutely unnecessary collision and ruining my race after one minute while I was absolutely passive? Okay, I though, it's a new season, first incident. It's okay.

Frustrated but patiently I managed to climb the ladder back up and after some very nice and fair fights and no incidents with everybody involved (thanks for that, guys!) I eventually found myself back in position 11 or 12 after the pit stop with an option to win one more position till the end of the race.

It happened then that I found the same car from Danielsson Motorsport who had caused the first lap incident was 0.5 seconds behind me. At that point I was actually pretty calm, sure that he would not make the same mistake again. WRONG. It didn't take long until I was spun around again with no chance for a possible overtake or whatever

I fell back to position 16 or 17, eventually managed to claim back P13 but my race had been ruined. TWICE.

The car from Danielsson received a Stop and Go and even though driving by him when he was in the pits was by far not the worst feeling of the day, that didn't bring back any points for my team.

No apology received so far. Sportmanship? Not in sight, yet.

Qualifying: Qualified with a time of 1:59.9xx. Not very good but it was enough to put me into the sixth position.

Race: I started averagely well and kept to the outside of the track after the first left hander.
Before braking for the second turn a Danielsson Motorsport car turned right into me. I fell back to position 25. I reported the incident and was told that the other car "had been issued a warning".
A warning for causing an absolutely unnecessary collision and ruining my race after one minute while I was absolutely passive? Okay, I though, it's a new season, first incident. It's okay.

Frustrated but patiently I managed to climb the ladder back up and after some very nice and fair fights and no incidents with everybody involved (thanks for that, guys!) I eventually found myself back in position 11 or 12 after the pit stop with an option to win one more position till the end of the race.

It happened then that I found the same car from Danielsson Motorsport who had caused the first lap incident was 0.5 seconds behind me. At that point I was actually pretty calm, sure that he would not make the same mistake again. WRONG. It didn't take long until I was spun around again with no chance for a possible overtake or whatever

I fell back to position 16 or 17, eventually managed to claim back P13 but my race had been ruined. TWICE.

The car from Danielsson received a Stop and Go and even though driving by him when he was in the pits was by far not the worst feeling of the day, that didn't bring back any points for my team.

No apology received so far. Sportmanship? Not in sight, yet.

In the morning today i did write a message to u in iracing forum,I can do it again.

I am really sorry for the first corner accident,was totally my fault,totally misjudged the width of the track,about the other incident,u had the door wideopen into that corner and then shut it,I had no way to go and feel not guilty,also think the black flag is too much.

Really hope I race u better next time.

Regards Fredrik

In the morning today i did write a message to u in iracing forum,I can do it again.

I am really sorry for the first corner accident,was totally my fault,totally misjudged the width of the track,about the other incident,u had the door wideopen into that corner and then shut it,I had no way to go and feel not guilty,also think the black flag is too much.

Regards Fredrik

Okay, no need to discuss the second incident here anymore, the race is over and I have not seen the replay yet.

Glad you apologised for the first corner incident, though.

Let's hope it turns out better for both of us when we meet the next time on track.

Kev ;-)

Really glad to be back racing in STC for my team, instead of just racing for myself. Just wish my performance had been a better rebirth:

- Qualified poorly (8ths off my PB and 1.8s off my OPT - I know, I know, that says a lot really :) ).
- Wussed out at the start trying to be careful; 'it's a 90 minute race' I said to myself, lost a shed load of positions to drivers who must have been thinking 'yes - but the operative word in that is "race" to be fair'.
- Had a knife-fight in a phone-box battle for position 30 (I think) and pulled what would have been an extremely gratifying move; around the outside through T10, but the other driver wasn't having any of it and turned into the apex of T11 (where my car was :/).
- The off track cost another position and some concentration.
- The pitstop that followed was - well, bad; missed my marker and had to back up.
- When I then stuffed the car into the outside wall of T17 I knew it was a bad day at the office.

Still - the next morning I regretted not saving the replay because the racing up until my exit left me with a huge smile on my face.

Here's hoping I acclimatise to my new pedals in time for The Green Hell - my next outing for BFR.

At first my race was awesome, some really close racing around places P6-P12, hard but fair. Unfortunately, after a contact with Anders Dahl I got a drive through penalty. I'm really sorry for the contact Anders, looking back at the replay lifting off for a fraction of a second would've saved you, but so would you just giving me a little bit of room.

Then it just rolled downhill. I chased back after my DT penalty and caught up with Marcin and Kevin from RPM. Marcin was blocking me very aggressively and we ended up crashing into each other.

On the last lap of the race I hit Tomo Meglic in the rear HARD. He was coming back on track after an offtrack, I suppose, he was much slower. Anyway, he was on the left side of the track after T1, moved right before the T3 braking zone and then moved back to the left again. I though he was going to move all the way to the right and I wanted to brake on the inside, but it just looks as if I smashed straight into him on purpose. I guess that's what he though, because he crashed into me on the next straight...

I just wanted to limp my damaged car to the finish line and unfortunately I spun out in front of Jean Christophe Godard, which made him lose a position, sorry for that...

At first my race was awesome, some really close racing around places P6-P12, hard but fair. Unfortunately, after a contact with Anders Dahl I got a drive through penalty. I'm really sorry for the contact Anders, looking back at the replay lifting off for a fraction of a second would've saved you, but so would you just giving me a little bit of room.

Then it just rolled downhill. I chased back after my DT penalty and caught up with Marcin and Kevin from RPM. Marcin was blocking me very aggressively and we ended up crashing into each other.

On the last lap of the race I hit Tomo Meglic in the rear HARD. He was coming back on track after an offtrack, I suppose, he was much slower. Anyway, he was on the left side of the track after T1, moved right before the T3 braking zone and then moved back to the left again. I though he was going to move all the way to the right and I wanted to brake on the inside, but it just looks as if I smashed straight into him on purpose. I guess that's what he though, because he crashed into me on the next straight...

I just wanted to limp my damaged car to the finish line and unfortunately I spun out in front of Jean Christophe Godard, which made him lose a position, sorry for that...

Tomo's reaction was completely unacceptable and your car after that accident nearly took my team mate and I (Movie-Go Racing) out of the race. I managed to get past with just a small clip, but unfortunately Jesper had a harder knock which caused him damage and lost him 4 places.

EDIT: Okay, this sounds like I'm blaming you, just want to clear it up that I am completely blaming Tomo Meglic for both accidents, he was all over the place when you first hit the rear of him and then he retaliated in a very non-sportsman like manner. I'm not sure if he has been reported yet, but he really should be because we can't have people like that racing here.

Kevin Ascher said:
Fredrik Tackman said:

Okay, no need to discuss the second incident here anymore, the race is over and I have not seen the replay yet.

Glad you apologised for the first corner incident, though.

Let's hope it turns out better for both of us when we meet the next time on track.

Good to hear you two sorted that out. :thumbsup:

Looks like i have to apologise Pawel. I was fouled up all the way. I was 100% sure race was over in that lap so i slowed down after finish line (you can check replay). Next thing i saw is you hit me from the back at full speed - i was sure you intentionaly wrecking me on outlap just before leaving the car..

So that was also the reason why we do officially protest right after race about the result because i didnt understand what happened.

Pawel my fault all the way. Sorry!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years