RaceDepartment Awards 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Jesper and have raced with him a little. he is definitely the one I vote for. He is a great guy and a great driver. Can't beat that combination :)

These awards usually end up going to the most popular games, but I voted for Sebastien Levret for his RBR Rally dominance here.
This year, he has been almost unbeatable in the RDRC and the Rally Club, and I would rate RBR Rallying about the most difficult and demanding Sim we have at RD. There is almost no recovery from a mistake in RBR. Even though Seb is a lot faster than most of the drivers, I have yet to see him have a DNF, quite an amazing feat. Probably only those involved in RBR can fully appreciate this though. ;)

Best of all, he has been a very humble and helpful Champion too. :)

Again, these votes seem to be more about the popularity or media profile of the Series, so the vast majority of the votes are going to F1 drivers (even those who didn't make the top 3 this year :p ).
So, to give some recognition to consistent domination of a very difficult Series, I cast a vote for Sebastien Loeb.
8 successive WRC Championships deserves a few votes. ;)

These awards usually end up going to the most popular games, but I voted for Sebastien Levret for his RBR Rally dominance here.
This year, he has been almost unbeatable in the RDRC and the Rally Club, and I would rate RBR Rallying about the most difficult and demanding Sim we have at RD. There is almost no recovery from a mistake in RBR. Even though Seb is a lot faster than most of the drivers, I have yet to see him have a DNF, quite an amazing feat. Probably only those involved in RBR can fully appreciate this though. ;)

Best of all, he has been a very humble and helpful Champion too. :)

You are absolutely right Warren! I also sometimes played RBR in the past and I know how f****** difficult it is. :) Nevertheless you mustn't make many mistakes in any class to win a title. In general every listed driver here and finally every commited sim racer at RD deserves such a title. So I'd like to give my vote to many drivers and also to some who aren't nominated.

But as I had the difficult choice to allocate only one vote, I also gave mine to Bono Huis. I think FSR WC has a similar status in sim racing like Formula 1 does in real motorsports. And Bono's dominance was just outstanding!

PS: Big thanks to everyone who gave or will give his vote for me. :) ;) :D

I think I have to give it to Florian Strauss. There were a number of drivers I could of voted for like Jesper, Greg, Bono, Peter, Jamie and Sebastian, but Florian this year was able to prove he was able to fight at the front in pretty much any type of vehicle, be it F1, LMP1, GT2, DTM, WTM, and the V8's in which he deservedly won the title.

Jesper Taulborg.

This youngster is making me feel a oldy. Even if i am only 29.
The guy joins a race in any car without practice, and still gets a podium place.
His driving style is inspiring for all racers. Clean, and fast. Watch a replay of this racer. Every corner on the limits of the car. You won't see the tyres smoking. You won't see the engine exploding. This is just a tallented driver!

I watch a lot simracing stuff. And obviously, I do my fair bit of research for the interviews I conduct. So personally, if you asked me to pick the fastest driver out of that bunch, it is easily Bono Huis. To me, he is on an All-World level, despite some of his critics I've talked to. I voted him Simracer of the year last year.

However, to me Peter Duivelaar is the guy this year. Not only did he go and win WTM (a very difficult championship) but the guy went out and drove FSR this year. He even got pole a few times in the World Series division, against some very experienced open-wheel drivers, mind you. And he didn't stop there, he then went to WC for a few rounds and drove solidly for Precision Motorsports as Hirrle's #2 driver (AS A ROOKIE! Kept up with Hirrle, too, and Hirrle is a WC champion).

In my opinion, when a driver can go from tin-top to open-wheel so smoothly, it shows real talent. I'm shocked to see Peter only have 7 votes at this point. He beat guys like Taulborg in his own comfort zone (don't mean to knock Jesper, though) and competed against some All-World aliens in open-wheel. Incredible. And he was signed up by Precision, the best FSR team at the moment, so obviously even they see something in Peter.

Peter isn't the best or the fastest driver on that list, but this year he has done more than any of them, in my opinion. He gets my vote.

Peter will get many votes next year if he progresses like this. If we had a category "most improved driver" he would certainly be on the top of the list as he has made great steps in the last three years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back