Unstable FFB G27

Yuri

VELES LMP2 #21
Hey guys
I've been having problems with my ffb on rFactor, and GSC2013 as well but that's on the same engine. I run the proper logitech profiler and have tried some settings I found online, as well as tried to tweak them myself. The problem basicly starts with inverted FFB on a clean install, and when I download some mods for these games some work fine, but some won't. They'll have inverted FFB when I'm driving slow, or when I'm up to speed. I've tried changing these settings in the files but it won't work again. I've got to change my ffb per mod now and some don't work without very wanky ffb. I've got this problem on GSC 2013 as well when I've installed the Blancpain mod on there, and others seem to have no problems. I've searched a bit on google but can't find someone with the same problem, but that might be my google search skills :p. Recently I downloaded the realfeel mod for rFactor and now my ffb is better on some cars it wasn't working on before, but some get undrivable.
I haven't got any idea where this is coming from, as I've got it on a clean install and just downloaded 1 mod: V8 supercars 2011 season on rFactor, and this mod behaves exactly the same on GSC 2013, where I have to drive all cars with inverted ffb and some mods have the slow-inverted FFB problem.

If anyone knows a solution to this I'd be very happy! It holds me back from playing rFactor :(

Hey Yuri. Sorry to hear you are having troubles with your G27.

My only suggestion is to stay away from Logitech Profiler. I'm not a fan of it. I find it buggy. It's a pain in the butt but I modify my G27 settings manually for each sim through the properties. I always get the proper FFB that way.

Hey Yuri. Sorry to hear you are having troubles with your G27.

My only suggestion is to stay away from Logitech Profiler. I'm not a fan of it. I find it buggy. It's a pain in the butt but I modify my G27 settings manually for each sim through the properties. I always get the proper FFB that way.
When I don't start my program whem I'm using my wheel I only get 180 degrees of rotation

Hmmm, weird. Could be a USB issue. Does that persist even after unplugging and replugging the wheel?

You may want to try uninstalling the Profiler with your unit unplugged. Once that is done plug in your G27 and see what driver Windows installed for it and through the properties there set your steering lock.

FYI - You can override steering lock settings in game with some button combos that give you four steering lock ratios.

See this link - http://***********/opp5nj3

Last edited:
Just downloaded a complete new install of the game, tested it and it doesn't work, nothing installed. I run the game in windows 7 mode as administrator (I'm on windows 8 64bit) My wheel works perfectly fine on all games but rFactor (Assetto corsa, RBR, ETS2) I don't know what to do anymore. Oh one more thing, I noticed it didn't reconize my controller when I accidently plugged my wheel into the 2.0 usb port in stead of the normal 3.0, can it have something to do with that?

Yes USB 1 or 2 NOT USB 3 Port , it should not make a difference as the port SHOULD switch but doesn't and thats when you get some strange stuff happening.
ALL the settings described here in revolve around Real Feel.

Rather than reinvent the wheel go here and read, Try and experiment never set your wheel based on feel but a combination of feel and track times an Car setup, they all work together, several driver's disagreed and then tried and were surprised at the results, so please at least read the thread and then have a play it can't hurt .

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/logitech-wheel-setup.63918/

Another racer put together a document that is aimed at RRE but is equally applicable to rFactor GSC and other's

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1flGl8k8rjAkdD9GNyy3daeH-SHKtJc5ZoqbaswjGnnA/edit?pli=1

IMHO If you want the best from your wheel You MUST run the Logitech profiler software as this interfaces and filter's the input because Windblows get confused and gives erroneous inputs at times. Having the Profiler setup correctly so that any and all games and sims can access and use the settings available.
Set the Global (Without "Allow Game to adjust settings") is paramount.

Set a Global Profile and make sure that (Allow Game to adjust settings) is unchecked !!! this is VITAL.

Then Set a specific profile for rFactor in the Logitech Profiler and tweak the sensitivity in the profiler.

Now tune the settings in rFactor, GSC2013 Assetto and other's.
I posted elsewhere in these forum pages my G25/27 settings

Do not get suckered by the misinformation around regarding degrees of rotation ALWAYS set your wheel to 900 Deg Rotation and Max sensitivity in Profiler and then you adjust the sensitivity in Game as well as the steering lock in the Car setup as these has a profound effect on how the car will handle.

One of the most critical is the "Steering Lock" in the Car setup, as this interacts with the Profile sensitivity the degrees of Rotation and the sensitivity in game to radically effect how the front wheels turn and grip. rFactor and Windows is as dumb as a brick and just sees an input - throttle and steering and if there is a significant amount of either then you get weird stuff happening like loss of traction and oversteer coming out of corner's predominantly and this is directly related to Degrees of rotation and steering lock. (These are two very different but interactive settings) that play an important part in the accuracy of your steering and thus handling.

And before anyone says match the wheel to the in game wheel forget it turn that sucker off, There are several things that effect the way a car will feel and handle in rFactor and other sims and the Logitech profiler plays a HUGE part in this.
No Race Car is or has Linear control settings so forget about that little gem of misinformation.
Search for my thread on G27 Settings and use them as a base start point.
Another thing too the FFB settings and so on within rFactor Game Stock Car and others needs to be saved and loaded for each and every Mod driven NEVER change your Logitech wheel settings once set because if you do you will constantly be chasing your tail with settings. Remember that everything is interactive and if you follow the command chain Profiler with editing of Axis controls then rFactor and your control setting there and the car set-up accordingly as well as saving the control profile in rFactor for that particular Mod thing your on the way to being consistent in driving performance - a good 5 years of adjustments and tweaks have gone into my research as well as drawing on my race workshop background.

The idea is to get to a point where there is no big jump from Sim to Sim so that your driving feel is consistent, now I know in the real world all cars are different just as F1 is different to a GT and to an endurance car BUT we need a consistent settings in Sims because we don't have the tactile seat of the pants feel so we need to make allowances for this with Wheel Setup and in game settings to extract the best we can.
I will make myself available as I have done in the past to assist via Teamspeak TeamViewer or Conversation thread here .

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, but I think I already tried that. When it didn't work I reinstalled the logitech profiler, reinstalled rFactor and searched good setups on the internet and I still had the same problem.
But now that doens't matter anymore, I got a good oppertunity to upgrade my wheel and I have upgraded my wheel now. I haven't tried rFactor but rFactor 2 works, as well as GSC.

That's what he means I think. Now you still have the exact same configuration as before.
Although it could be that my config file was wrong, I never touched it, changed all my settings to some I found on the internet and I've got the problem only in games using the old rFactor engine. So rFactor and some mods in GSC, but the original stuff works.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back