RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Fun cars, I couldn't quite get full control of it though it handled well. On my own I managed to keep it together most all of the time. My biggest problem was running into other drivers :mad: and having to wait for them :cool:. Race one while crossing the line for the start of the last lap I found out I would run out of gas before finishing. Sooo I had to run 6th as much as I could, even pushing in the clutch for long periods on the straight. I did good and saved more fuel than I needed to.

:sick: I didn't post a race report for this race. I was too upset with the action I saw on track. There were a number of reportable incidents, which drivers seem to think nothing of "just because they're club races". Whenever someone takes you off track, or even takes your line away with a contact and does not wait for you to regain the position, he is driving aggressively and has failed to respect you as a driver! Aggressive driving and lack of respect have no place in racing that is for fun. If you can't stand to wait for someone, do some serious thinking and don't get into the situation where you might have to do it. Think about that most importantly on the first two laps of any race. Whether it's a brain fade on braking, stupid move or "divebombing", it has no place unless your're ready to take an instant penalty[waiting] or a delayed one[action by staff including suspension or ban].

If you're one that made contact with someone during this race, please go back and watch your replay and see if you could have done better. No replay, that's stupid.

The easiest way out of any possible reportable incident is, "if you think you were at fault for a driver going off track or if you think you "made the pass" and it wasn't a good one, give the position back. If you're quick, you'll get the place back and have more fun doing it right. Getting an incident out of the way by saying "sorry" to the other driver is good after the race, in chat or PM. It takes the denial out of the action and that will help you lap without making the same mistake again.

The staff reviews reported incidents and there is little hope for drivers that have been considered to violate the Golden Rule.

Since the BMW's are always a handful for me I've decided to drive them until I understand them. The WTCC and STCC versions are the only RWD car like that. They'e so horrible for me, they shouldn't be.

So, I was very slow!

L1 I blundered into T3, announcing to Nelson that he should watch out! Unfortunately I messed it up for more than him. I wanted to do a no stop race for the full experience. I sure got that! Expect to see me spinning into barriers at a lot more tracks as I work at getting speed and consistency out of them.

Well has a said at the end, i really dont understand the vanishing tires. A litle diference ok, but i blew up 2 sets of tires comparing wiht other pilots who drove one set only till the end of race.
Must learn something that im missing big.
Lost touch with the race. No fun this way.

I know I am late but if you are all happy I would like to do the most of this race I can. I have to look after my Daughter but I hope she will sleep in long anougth for the race. Otherwise like the last race she will sit on my lap and help me drive

Can't be any worse than my normal standard lol

Cheers Dave

Nuno this is racing all about...try to compete with yourself!!
It's no high mathematics.......;)

well i did it, so you can do it also :geek:

At the beginning i was in shock during downloading this track...a saw the preview and ask my self the question what i'm doing on this track....I really hate this track..it makes me sick; all the left-right-left-right combinations. Didn't do any race on this track for years....but it work out very well, after all... sounds crazy but after i finished 2nd i feel some love for this track :inlove: So i gonna try this one ones more with the mini's :laugh:

@David Kingshott ...i hope you understand my action with the take over and giving back youre place :D looks a bit silly but i promised that one...

Great race & a great ending to a week on a "new" track ;)

Not having that much time after signing up lastminute, I chose to go with my setup from Zolder, adjusted the gears and it worked pretty alright - managed to qualify third behind Kacper and Justin in P1 and P2 respectively.
Started alright and while Kacper and Justin got away a bit, I had a nice battle with Nelson until he spun out. Now continuing with a few seconds to Nelson and Dennis I could relax a bit as they were battling each other and losing a few secs - however, Dennis was plotting my downfall by letting Nelson pass him and counting on him and me losing time in a likely battle shortly afterwards :confused: It seemed to work as Nelson was now gaining time on me again but Dennis' evil masterplan collapsed as Nelson got into the gravel a few laps later ;)
Now with 7-10 secs to each other driver, I had a fairly quiet time and could spend some of it thinking of reasons why Kacper would pit at 30mins in ;) (kind of correctly) guessing he wanted to get out of the battle with Justin costing him valuable seconds, I went my way and pitted shortly before halftime - went back on track and could keep P3 after all pit stops were through.
While Nelson was now about 11-13secs behind me, I was actually gaining time on Kacper as his tyres began to wear out due to the early stop - Seizing the rare opportunity, I managed to get to his bumper but as correctly stated in TS, passing was a completely different thing ;) What ensued was a terrific battle for 2nd with everything you could wish for - close, fair driving, a pass, a counterpass, some smallish errors and an happy ending - at least for me, as I managed to pass him in the second to last lap and finished in 2nd place - great fun!

Thanks for racing, everyone, and thanks for organising, Dennis! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back