BTB version 0.9.0.2 is ready!

Brendon Pywell

Bob's Track Builder
BTB version 0.9.0.0 is ready! Thanks again to the testers that helped ensure it was all working under the new development platform.

http://www.bobstrackbuilder.net/news.aspx

There are not many changes from the long tested 0.8.9.3 beta version aside from a few performance enhancements and some small bugfixes.

Please report any bugs here in as much detail as possible. It's always helpful if you can isolate a problem by repeating it in a small test Venue.

Enjoy!

Every test I have tried has exported to GTR2 ok. There must be something unique in your project, can you create a small track, test to make sure it fails, then send me the project.
Finally got one to work. It must have been a texture problem. I need xpacker to pop up a big error message when I have a bad texture in an object. I'm to lazy to go looking for it.

is it 0.9.0.2 or 0.9.03 ? link is deceptive & points to 0.9.0.2

first error try to overwrite an example project.
1) create a basic track and save it.
2) new project and save it has your first track name. and then resave over the project again,

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'F:\Program Files (x86)\BobsTrackBuilder\My Projects\example\ExportSettings.XML'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at System.Xml.XmlTextWriter..ctor(String filename, Encoding encoding)
at †††
†††‹Š‡.†††
†††‹Š†.SaveExportSettings(String Filename)
at †††
†††‹Š‡.†††
†††‹Š†.SaveToBinary(String Filename, Boolean ForUndo)
at †††
†††‡™™.†††
†††‡™˜.†††
†††‘ˆž(Object , Object , Boolean )
at †††
†††‡™™.†††
†††‡™˜.SaveToBinary(Boolean SaveAs)
at †††
†††‡™™.†††
†††‡™˜.mnuFileSaveAs_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
--- EDIT: rest of details not required

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, yes it's 0.9.0.2. And Yes there's a bug that if you do a "Save As" and choose the Same project name it will bug out. I will fix that in the next release but seeing as this one's been there for years I'll wait a bit longer and hopefully include some other bugfixes too if more are found.

Hello,
I downloaded the 0.9.0.2 version, but I do not understand how to get this result :
Global smoothing for better transition Between the road and the field.

Can someone explain me?

Sorry I do not speak English and I use the Google translator ...

Thank you,

Charlie

Hello,
I downloaded the 0.9.0.2 version, but I do not understand how to get this result :
Global smoothing for better transition Between the road and the field.

Can someone explain me?

Sorry I do not speak English and I use the Google translator ...

Thank you,

Charlie
you can apply that new feature in the export window and acctually is activated by default, maybe you allready apply that.

look for "smooth" and make sure is activated

Hello,

Thank you for your reply ... I know it takes "Smooth" check, but it has no effect on the edge of the track ...
Two screenshots:

1. With "smooth" checked
2. Without "smooth" Checked ...

Maybe I misunderstood what should be the result ?

Attachments

• test-smooth.jpg
    test-smooth.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 632
  • test-no-smooth.jpg
    test-no-smooth.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 617
Hello,

Thank you for your reply ... I know it takes "Smooth" check, but it has no effect on the edge of the track ...
Two screenshots:

1. With "smooth" checked
2. Without "smooth" Checked ...

Maybe I misunderstood what should be the result ?

You only need a transition texture between road and grass, I use to add this transtion texture in the track, notice that you can modify the track section and add more materials.

Attachments

• Superficies.gif
    Superficies.gif
    691.8 KB · Views: 680

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 176 14.1%