An Actual Racing Licence?

Ok so this might or might not be possible and depending on how far you take it (assuming the actual licence is possible) could create some work for the event organisers, I can hear groans of nooooo already!

What if on each persons profile page there was a space for a racing licence? It and details on it (no dates of birth etc etc) are viewable by everyone logged into RD, so other members can see you licence easily.

If a new member hadn't applied that could include a blank licence - FREE LICENCE WAITING BUT NOT APPLIED FOR across the front. That may encourage them to apply for the Licence.

Existing members, so they get a licence page or area on their Profile that they CAN NOT edit only ADMIN can do that. The licence is added by whoever accepts them as a licenced member - its something tangible that people can look at - therefore a free to RD plus or USP, that other sites may not offer.

The next bit is where some extra work comes/could come in :

The licence can have endorsements added by admin showing date - penalty - offence. Not a lot of extra work when compared to the time spent reviewing video etc, etc. The offences stay on the licence forever - meaning admin can always look at a persons licence to see the history of that driver.

The licence is updated AFTER each event with - date - Sim - track - finishing position (DNF, 20/25 etc), by the event organiser - the idea being to dissuade people from signing up and not attending as they would have a DNA Black Mark (Did Not Attend) against them 3 DNA's = short ban and endorsement in endorsement section of licence.

This is similar to points schemes that I personally am a big fan of in getting people involved in any forum and provides a way to have an 'at a glance' look at a members history and conduct for all other members and for admin.

It could even possibly be done by simple modifications to the basic profile page (I think) - but I'm sure the geniuses' at RD have a much better idea of whats possible - I just have ideas and put them forwards, some are good some are bad...

Oh and please keep supporting us poor gamers with creaky hardware and no upgrade budgets by leaving the Race07 and GTL Clubs alone - I'd love to be racing in the newer sims, but at the moment I can hardly afford the extortionate electricity bills to run what I've got, let alone buy new sims and the hardware that will run them, just to keep up with you rich people !

Coding? Did you speed read and miss where I suggested working within what the forum already does to achieve the result? In any case you can always find a person's original licence application - thats where I think you could put this. The original thought started as I sat looking through bans and warnings thread and thought, seriously is this the only way to find a driver's history, is all the info not available in one place? The idea then became for a licence showing endorsements and then I put the threaf up.

This could me managed through a standard reputation foum system, where onñly staff can add or remove reputation points and show the reason why, but users can see it.

Then we just rename "reputation" for "license points", and done.

It has one downside, new version of the forum coming (I would not hurry up to install it but not sure if everybody would agree) and we might end having to remove everything if they don't update the mod (I suppose they will).

004_post_view.PNG

Change "Given Reputation Records" for "User License Points" and ready to rock.

Coding? Did you speed read and miss where I suggested working within what the forum already does to achieve the result? In any case you can always find a person's original licence application - thats where I think you could put this. The original thought started as I sat looking through bans and warnings thread and thought, seriously is this the only way to find a driver's history, is all the info not available in one place? The idea then became for a licence showing endorsements and then I put the threaf up.

I did read it and its a good idea. Only issue i see is that this is extra manual work for us on top of what we already do. Hence an automated system always gets my vote.

What Xose suggested might also work. Will have a look in the compatibility with that mod as soon as 1.2 of the forum is out.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 428 16.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 285 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 280 11.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 193 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 325 12.7%