RDHCS S10 - Round 8 - 200km (31 Laps) - Piddy SH - Sat 1st June 2013

Provisional Results for this Round

Click me for Race Analysis and Results

piddyRDHCS10.jpg

SERVER REPLAY

Well 6th Place thanks to other people needing to pit and me only having one spin this time out !

Great racing by all, love this track, some good fun tonight - thanks to Rene for giving Rowland and I space to get by as we lapped you. Thnaks to Rowland needing a pitstop so near the end that gave me the position back!

Tired aching still not recovered - looking forwards to Tuesday.

Thanks to everyone involved for making this League the pleasant experience it has been.

Hats off to Ross. Amazing driving. WD done podiums. Special thanks to Rupe and Knut for continuing for Stu. My results are not worth mentioning other than to say I did not reach my personal goal set for myself so I must reflect on the positives, such as, being able to take part in such a great event with people sharing the enjoyment of game, setups and friendly banter. The GTL community is the foundation for fun for all, no matter where you end up points wise...but personal improvement would help the ego also.;)

I should mention that I feel sadden that we lost Stu during this event... not quite the same with his absence but how lucky to have that void filled so quickly and efficiently by Rupe. As you all know, it takes a tremendous amount of work/time to organize one of these events.:)

Cheers to all drivers:thumbsup:

I had a great time in this event.
In qualy i did a new personal best, i started 10th.
In race i had an ok start, i lost a position before the first corneron the uphill rigth hander i was side by side with Dave's car, but my car hit the kerb and slide a bit so i had to lift off and lost some times, i pulled to the rigth to avoid any problems, i was able to rejoin behind Hans and i kept there for a while, i was eventually able to pass Hans a couple of laps after that. Then i was behind Jack and i was cathching him, on turn4 Jack git sude ways and i had to cut the corner a little bit to avoid hitting him, i was able to keep in fornt of him and eventually i pulled a gap on Hans, Some time after Roland caugt up with me and i wasn't able to hold him off and he passed me, some laps after i passed Yves when he was on the pits and i was able to keep in front of him, the same happened with Neil and Rupe. On lap 22 i decided t pit for tires just to be safe, they were with 14% off wear and the car felt ok, but i was afraid to have a sudden loss of grip so i decided to play it safe and pit (how much do you guys think the tires last until they start to really lose grip?), after the pitstop i passed by Rene and he didn't made it hard, Thank you :thumbsup:. At lap 28 i suddenly lost my rear end and spun loosing a lot of time to Yves and getting behind him, i was able to pass him again in when we reached the corners, but on the s/f straight there was nothing i could do to avoid being passed, i could only cacth up with Yves on the end of the lap, but he was able to make is Shelby HUGE so i wasn't able to pass him without pusshing him or cutting the corner, at the last lap, on the final corner i had a chance of overtaking him, but i decided not to risk too much because because i woul either cut the corner or push Yves's car to the grass, so i kept behind him and thought i would try on the next laps, but i had forgotten that it was the last lap:roflmao: i finished 10th, which was a great result. It was a great race with all the pitstops i ws able to climb up to 7th before pitting, which was great for me, had lot's of fun in the race and during the entire season.

Congratulations to top3, those who finished, and to the top3 of he championship
Thanks to Stuart, Knut, Rupe and everybody who helped on this league :thumbsup:
It was a great season with lots of great and close racing, can't wait for the next season.
See you next season :)

I was very uncomfortable in the Porsche and way off the pace, I was wrestling it all the way and I ended up with cramps in my hands from holding the wheel so firmly, and it didnt do much good for my tyres either. I should learn how to make setups :(
In the opening laps of the race I had a nice battle with Yves, Neil and Roland with a lot of position switching, great fun :) Unfortunately I gave Yves a little tap mid corner which caused him to spin around. I waited and continued operation dodge the elephant and luckily Yves made a little mistake and I could pass him and stay ahead. Then I slowly reeled in Neil and managed to pass him due to him making a mistake. I was in 6th now and it was me vs the Porsche from that point on. I knew if I averaged 3.74L/lap with fuel I could go without making a stop, and by some shortshifting I managed to achieve that. During the pitstop fase I got into 3rd for a while, but towards the end Knut came charging at me at more than 2 seconds lap quicker and I had no choice but to let him go. Very happy with 4th, was expecting worse.
Thanks all for racing in this league and grats Ross on the race and league win, you were invincible. Grats Dmytro and Knut. Thanks to Stu, Rupe and Knut for setting up this league :notworthy: I am really glad I decided to join this league when I just started racing with you guys :) I had a great time and will definitely join more events in the future :thumbsup:

Well my start was not good forgot to put in 1e gear but after that it was fun til lap 10 ore so the doorbel en than nokking on the door for a couple off min so I have to open the front door and i was up set and its was better to take a beer and a sigaret to came done.
So thanks for this great event to all the guys for make this possible , great combo and well don to all the podiums.See you next season than I take a girl car:laugh:

Great final event, unfortunately things did not go as well I had hoped.
Got a decent start and found myself in 11th place with Rui in front of me then I had a spin and my concentration was broken. It took a while to get back into the rhythm and during my bad spell I had, I think 3 S&G penalties. Lost a place on the last lap when I had spin at T1.
Congratulation to all competitors and administrators, it was another fantastic season:)

.... I had a lot of fun:) , but I hope I will improve my laptimes...
I'm sure you know by now, but if there's anything we can help with just shout, a helpful hand is never far away here!

This event definitely was a worthy ending to this league season! I found this track to be quite challenging, so starting from 8th and finishing in 7th was more than I had hoped for beforehand.:)

Once more right off the starting line towards Turn 1 my Alpine was completely defenseless against Ferrari's and Shelby's.:confused:
Had a few laps of good fun with Guus and Yves until I went a litle too wide over a hill, one wheel on the grass and spun into the barrier. :mad:
No damage so I got going again, now in 13th. I managed to pass Hans, Jack and Norman but then had a real hard time getting any closer to Rui who showed great pace, and in turn was gaining on Dave in front of him.
When I finally caught up with him it took me quite a while to find an overtaking opportunity so when I eventually did find one I set my eyes on Dave not too far in front.

I suspected both Dave and Rui to complete the race without pitstops, so I would have to build a really big gap towards them in order to finish ahead. That was not gonna happen, and I suddenly found Yves' Shelby in front of me..
....I waited and continued operation dodge the elephant...
:laugh::roflmao::laugh: I know exactly how you felt, next to my humble Alpine this thing is HUGE, and an elephant going sideways on worn tyres just in front of you is a somewhat discomforting sight. We had a number of good fun laps round the track together, but not getting any closer to Dave. At some point Yves' tyres had degraded to the point where he could not keep the car on track, so with Rui on my tail again I started the hunt for Dave..
Who like Rui was less than impressed with my ambitions to overtake him, and first made me work real hard to get any closer, then it took him running wide through a corner for me to get past, and after that like a bulldog he just would not let go of my rear bumper...:D

So while I had made it up to 5th again by then, I knew I was gonna lose at least two spots as I needed a pitstop. But then... hey what's that yellow thing in my mirrors?? That's not Dave!? O no, it was Leszek coming to hunt me down after his pitstop.. Another place lost *sigh*.
After he passed me I was alone for a while; I waited as long as I could but had to get into the pits with 4 laps left, so only took in a little fuel to get back out ASAP only to find Dave about 10 sec. in front of me and Neil on my tail. To my surprise however I found Rui had stopped as well, so I stayed in front of him and Neil and finished in 7th...:)

Thank you gents, you made me do quite a workout during this race, I greatly enjoyed it as I did all season. Grats to Ross, Dmytro and Knut for podium finishes, to Ross also for winning the championship (again) though some of you guys made him work hard for it.:sneaky:

I would like to thank Stuart, Knut and Rupe for the countless hours they invested in this league season, and what a cracker it turned out to be!:notworthy::notworthy:
And of course thank you to all my competitors, without you this would not be possible. To me it was a great season with highs (my podium finish at Anglesey) and lows (my PC crash at Jarama) but with excellent close and clean racing all along!! Thanks guys and I hope to see all of you in the next season!

RDHCS10-R8-1A.jpg

I practised for this one quite a lot, and despite not liking this track to begin with, I grew to love it. The sweeping curves and elevation changes really played to the alpine's strengths. (And mine as well to be honest, as I love circuits like this)
In the race, (part 2) I made a great start, but leszek was ahead and Dmytro wasn't far behind heading into turn 1. I was desperately hanging on to the jag through the quick stuff, and was fortunate to get ahead after he made an error. For the remainder of the lap I had to defend from Dmytro as he was closing in after also passing Leszek. I managed to build a big enough gap in the remaining corners to not be vulnerable on the home straight, and tried to get my head down and build a gap before the pit-stops. Mine went well, so I was able to concentrate on keeping the car on the track for the rest of the race.
Well done to Dmytro and Knut for their podiums, and cheers to the gentlemen drivers who moved over during the race. Big thanks to rupe, Knut and Thommo for their work in bringing us this brilliant series and making sure everything has run like clockwork. A purpose built league install was a great idea, and one I hope that continues! I'll add some final thoughts about the season in a later post, meantime see y'all next time!

Well it's a time to brake the silence after non-glorious Anglesey race.

Here is my "short" season summing-up.

Round 1 - Algarve: I've already wrote some words about this race. Now I only know that I had some mistakes in my setup for this race, which I discovered when preparing for 2nd race of the season. So I know I should not have to lose so much time to Alpine, as it was during the event.

Round 2 - Anglesey: beatiful track location and interesting track, where I had to claim my deserved second position, despite not quite appropriate type of track for

Healey, but unfortunate misunderstanding with lapped car across the road and one more incident with Guus - fourth final place was maximum after that.

Round 3 - R1 Circuit: I realized all my potential at this track and I was lucky that Ross was stuck in the fight from the start. My only season win was quite logical in Australia.

Round 4 - Motodrom Schottenring: another beatiful place during this season (pity that it's only fictional). No way for win here, as Ferrari's have much more power. Only aim is to take third position. Till the end of the race I never got used to the correct passage of the last turn, which affects lap time about one second. I was for half a second faster during practice, but during the race desire to keep tires in live prevented me to go more relaxed and quickly. Third place.

Round 5 - Portland: despite quite differences between Schottenring and Portland, the balance of opportunities was same but Alpine joined Ferrari's in the company of fastest. Ross was ahead already after start, Neil passed me after several laps (I prefer not to balk at start of the race, if I know that opponent has a clearly higher speed). But whole the rest of the race with Knut on my tale and Jarama in the future have shown that sometimes I underestimate the abilities to defense position. Third place.

Round 6 - GP-200: very tricky track and I thaught that some incidents are inevitable, but race itself was quite relaxed. Infront of me was Ross and Guus with much more suitable cars for this track and again I took my maximum from this round. Another third.

Round 7 - Jarama: another tricky place to drive and to fight... First I didn't even realized that I can fith for pole (only some moment were between me and Ross and I know that I lost 0.4 during my fastest lap). Despite this unexpected speed I knew that race will be very tough and light cars will be faster than me. But after start I took first place and whole the race went not according to the plan (it was second time after Anglesey). I ran for 0.5 to 1.0 second slower whole the race because of Alpine and Porsche in my mirrors. Two or three time I thaught "everything is over, now I will get out of gravel and I will lose everything" when Guus and Ross slapped me in the ass because of my slow entry speed in the same third turn. And on the last lap I still cant believe that I'm ahead of them. But unforunately, my tires was very tired and I had a little sideways in the exit of thirst turn. Without a doubt, I would have coped with it, but unfortunately Ross was very close behind and he had practically no time to react. So only third place hand-by-hand with Ross and very pity finish after such thriller heroic race for my Healey.

Round 8 - Piddy: after two succesfull final races in last seasons this time I knew that I have no chance to win if Ross will have no problems during it. Apline was not only fastest, but it has better tires after 200 km than my Healey after 100. Based on my experience after 100 km of Algarve I knew that Piddy with it's fast sweeping corners will be pretty same challenge and changing of the tires is a must. So I took my second final position in last race and championship.

As I wrote before season, Ross with Alpine will have no serious challengers. Yes, I knew that Healey and Ferrari have chances in R1, Schottenring and maybe Portland, but all other races no doubt for Ross. During my pre-season test I have final pool with three cars - Alpine, Healey and Ferrari. And initially Ferrari was the first choise. Ferrari was slightly faster than Healey in the overall. But I liked Healey because of it's obedience and opportunities to avoid unpleasant situations in the fight. I knew that Alpine have much more potential for overall dominating but honestly it was not interesting for me. Alpine has opportunity to be fast as Ferrari and Healey on fast tracks or to be much faster on other tracks and Alpine has unvulnerable tires. So Alpine can be faster on last laps than on the start with heavy tank, then heavy cars have to not to lose more than 1 or 1,5 to theirs first five or ten race laps.
A set of tracks of the season did not help fighting capabilities. Two "fast tracks" for powerfull cars (R1 and Schotten), two "slow tracks" for light cars (Jarama and GP200) and four "average tracks" for all cars meant 6 tracks for Alpine. More fastest tracks than "average" could bring more intrigue into championship. I know, that if we close the eyes for 1st overall position, powerfull cars will be on top. But we need to calculate possibilities of different drivers. So, I suggest to give all cars to Ross before the season, he will test them and know all the tracks but he can take car which we give to him using a random selection. :D

I am very happy with my car choice, it did not disappoint me. Throughout the season, I got the pleasure of driving this car. I did not try to jump over my head and almost always got in the end all that I counted on (Anglesey was accidental failure, Jarama - was unsuspected first place before last lap). Unlike the previous season I have only one unforced error and it was on last event when I just yawned at this moment. Maybe it's a car, maybe it's my experience and attitude to race, but most likely - a combination of this factors. And 2nd place, again.
Grats to Ross for third in a row!
This season echoed last in some aspects, but showed new names with great abilities such Guus and Leszek, opened some new Roland's skills :thumbsup: . Great battles with Guus, Ross, Knut is something to remember. And showed that GTL is still alive.

To our admins - Stuart, Knut and Rupe did great job. They picked up an excellent combination of cars, some beatiful tracks and as always organized great championship.
To all drivers - we are one of the last fans of this simulator, and I think that you are one of the most decent fans. Thank you to all!

I hope that s11 is still in our plans.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing