4 - The rSeat 45 Minutes of Motegi

David Garcia

Premium
motegi.jpg

• Day: 2013, May 16th
  • Event Start: 20:00 CET Time Zone *Check official clock in the main site.
  • Practice: 50 minutes
  • Qualifying: 10 minutes with 2 Super Pole laps format. 105% rule applies.
  • Warm Up: 5 minutes
  • Race: 45 minutes with Standing Start

Well i seems i will be the first one to comment on the race.

I got taking out 5 meters after the finish line on the first lap and then again in turn 1. This is the second race i have attended in this series and so far i think the driver quality is shockingly bad. I don't spend the best part of a week practicen on a track just to be run of the track on the first lap.

So fu.. the mclaren series i'm just going have some fun in the NEO endurance series instead.

Personally embarrassing outing, optimal quali pace was after 3 days of practice because the track took a long time to come after paying a 1. 47.7 but made slow 1st lap and mistake in 2nd
Off the line well but too wide into first corner so lost the progress. Was 4th when spun out of nowhere (but should be expected from this joke of a car/game) and got hit so car was damaged as i joined in 8th and i lost over a second a lap from there on. So basically should have been ~-25sec and the 6secs from spin itself further on which would have meant me being way up the grid. I would have been 3rd if Teemu still spun so i might have defended well and maybe been of podium... with a trashed car i had terrible peformance in the slow corners so i was ravaged onto the back straight.
But although the driving side is bad, the presentation and hype of the league is still so inviting so might be back if a tempting race comes...
And ofcourse this is a team challenge: best points so far for us, after this race i can say that if we had the same lineup as we had when we won the last 2 seasons, we could win again.

Same here Kevin. My feelings right now are quite bad because yesterday I was doing mid 48s in the practice server and today I qualified 2 seconds behind with a medium 50. I am sure I could have been close to the top 5 with a good qualy lap...obviously that´s my fault and I am dissapointed because of that. After that, in the race I did a good start but I got caught in a mess in turn 1 lap 1 and race was over as I had to spend around 9 minutes at pit repairing. After that I passed to taxi driver mode until the end.

@ Rasmus: What happened here, happens at NEO aswell. Both are really high standard series where accidents do happen.

I feel like the biggest idiot after that race. Was running in the top 10 for the first 3 laps and after an accident there was a slow car on my left heading into the final right hairpin. I was so focused on this car to make sure I was giving him room that I missed my braking point like an idiot and slammed into Paul Ilbrink. Very disappointing for me because I was running fast enough to be near the top 5 but far more disappointing for Paul I imagine because I completely ruined his race. Really sorry for that Paul, I am very ashamed.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back