1.- GRAND PRIX DE BAHRAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually that is incorrect, i have raced on many addon tracks and the only one i have come across that autopit did not work was Spa.

Now back to the race, what is wrong with the bloody weather?? dry during practice etc, and rain on quali?? that ruined it for me i went out with soft slicks and had to press Esc, quali over, thx!. European track i can understand changing weather but Bahrain come on

Started in last place then upto p16 come pit stop and pitstop didnt work, tried twice more and same results, race over.

Also nice to see that you bother to race this but not the V8s.

just watched parts of the broadcast, nice images Xose, skins a beauty all over, motorsound at times too loud, and sorry DHR: I managed to mangle both your proper team names by constantly using the ones from last season. Put it down to nerves, mea culpa est.

Ross you will have a lot of material for the seasson review video. I am watching broadcast right now, Eckhart as usual was superb and also Xosé made some spectacular flyers aswell. The race action was reaaaaaly intense and enjoyable.

Ross you will have a lot of material for the seasson review video. I am watching broadcast right now, Eckhart as usual was superb and also Xosé made some spectacular flyers aswell. The race action was reaaaaaly intense and enjoyable.

Yeah, I think for my second one Im gonna try to get some live commentary and stuff to make it better. But that's a few months away, now I gotta focus on exams :)

Good show guys, really enjoyed it, nice to see so many new cars on the grid! Grats Vince, Dragos and Ludde for the podiums spots!

• Roland Ehnström

just watched parts of the broadcast, nice images Xose, skins a beauty all over, motorsound at times too loud, and sorry DHR: I managed to mangle both your proper team names by constantly using the ones from last season. Put it down to nerves, mea culpa est.

The broadcast was awesome to watch, some really nice racing and very good commentary! :cool:

Just a couple of notes to perhaps help you make it even better:

- The sound quality was horrible this time, I had to set the volume to 3% to hear you reasonably well. It sounded like you had the output volume set to 5000%.

- During the race you often comment that "maybe he is on soft tires" or "his tires must be completely gone now" and so on. I have found that at least for our team, you tend to get this wrong more often than not. To give you an example: Ludde had less tire wear wear than Tobias in this race. For this reason, Ludde opted to pit early, to gain some time there and then, because he figured he could afford to make a longer second stint. Tobias on the other hand had to stay out until the mid-point of the race, because he felt that he wouldn't be able to make the tires last to the finish if he pitted earlier. But in the broadcast your comment was the other way around: You thought that Tobias longer first stint was a result of him having lower tire wear than Ludde, and you thought Ludde made an early stop because his tires were gone already after 19 laps.

Keep up the great work! :thumbup:

I agree with Roland, the engine noise sometimes overpowered the commentary so we couldn't hear what was being said, sometimes this is good when the commentators are bad, but you guys aren't :p

An idea to help Roland with his issue would be to bring a spokesman from one or two of the teams in to the broadcasting teamspeak channel and ask them what tires they are on, when are they pitting etc. Of course, they don't have to give it away but can drop a few hints, I think that would make it more exciting for the viewers to get an idea on the teams strategies.

Just my 2 cents :)

i think that the solution for engine overpowered the commentary is to decrease the engine sound volume in race for the one who registers the live tv.... i think that who listen to the commentary does not care if the volume is 100% or 60%, is enough to hear it low...
all this is obviously IMHO

@Nicola: exactly our thinking. I have no idea why my voice sound was so off, same settings as last season when the quality was decidedly better. Guess with TS3 that problem will be solved.
@Roland: with the new tire system and basically alone I completelky lost sight of who was doing what, especially with the teams that have four players on the grid where I have to remember which player is in which team. I will try to invent some form of schedule where I can tick off pitstops, and try to delegate it to my man in the pits, Senor Garcia.
@Ross: good idea, but we struggle to get the 90 min on the air the way they are now, don't think we can handle a bunch of spokespersons clamoring to get into the tiny broadcast room :)

@all: we are really grateful for any suggestions, keep 'em coming.

As some said above the broadcast volume on PSR was to loud so it was very distorted and hard to listen to, easy tweak though and was good apart from that. NP on the name confussion Eck.

Well done to Ludde on his podium on debut and to Dragos for the other podium spot. Not to good for us though despite Vince's win as we lost 3 cars due to technical issue's when in good positions, so another poor start due to game/server bugs and hope this will be the last of them for this coming season.

Thanks to everyones work setting up the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%