1.- GRAND PRIX DE BAHRAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still a weather forecast should not change like this on the last day of the race, it should give us an accurate forecast of the weather on race day in advance, which this system has never really done due to it changing consistently. Also I thought you guys said you will set it up so there is less wet races this year due to there be being to many rainy races last year? It seems we could have more wet races again this year though.

Look at Forecast for Bahrain to, hardly see any rain there.
http://www.wunderground.com/global/BN.html

Having a weather forectas the day in advance is like nothing, in real life you reach the track without knowing if it will rain or don´t, unless it is clearly a sunny or rainny day.

For my experience in reall life racing (Karting) I have been forced to change tires in the pre grid with 5 minutes to start a race due to drastic weather changes, they give you 10 extra minutes to change tires and you have to be back on track as prepared as possible to a wet race. Last seasson we had 5 of 7 wet races, and it is Spain. This is racing, and the rest is playing a video game. And STC will be always closer to the real racing side.

hmm ... I didnt have autopit on.
There was major lagg this time. Which made it almost impossible to have some close racing.
The pit just messed up. both in pit stop and stop'n'go. It parked the car almost sideways.

So... track bug for me?

I had autopit OFF, as I could left the pits manually everytime in practices and so. In race, I press the button to select the pit strategy presets and put everything i need on green. After it confirmed and pit stop was requested. I joined the pits and it turned the car moving automatically, without responsing to my wheel turns of pedal movements. The car stopped automatically and turn around by itself. Then, it was again manual, but no fuel was added, and no new tyres added either. My race ended there.

Will explain in spanish too, if it is easier for the Staff.

Durante las prácticas siempre salía de boxes por mí mismo, de manera manual. Había creado el preajuste de boxes para no tener que andar con los botones en carrera, y así había funcionado otras veces. Así que en carrera, cuando me llega el turno de parar, doy al botón asignado para que me aparezca ese menú de preajustes de las paradas, selecciono el fuel, las ruedas y demás dando a los ok sobre esas barritas, se solicita la parada en pit y se confrima. Hasta ahí todo bien, pero es que llego a boxes y el coche se mete de manera totalmente automática sin hacer caso de si giraba el volante o frenaba, aceleraba, embragaba... nada. Se para el coche donde se supone que está mi garaje (porque no marcaba ni posición ni nada) y empieza a rotar sobre sí mismo. Al rato, cuando ya he perdido todo, no han puesto ni gasolina ni me han cambiado las ruedas, y el coche vuelve ahora a ser conducido por mí, aun dentro de pits.

Imagino que será un bug del circuito, pero es una lástima porque estábamos todo el equipo haciendo una gran carrera.

Ah that is a shame.
But it is well known that Autopit is bugged on every Add on track.

Actually that is incorrect, i have raced on many addon tracks and the only one i have come across that autopit did not work was Spa.

Now back to the race, what is wrong with the bloody weather?? dry during practice etc, and rain on quali?? that ruined it for me i went out with soft slicks and had to press Esc, quali over, thx!. European track i can understand changing weather but Bahrain come on

Started in last place then upto p16 come pit stop and pitstop didnt work, tried twice more and same results, race over.

Keith, remember on real life Practice can be Saturda at 10:00 am and Qualy at 14:00 pm, so the weather can ve really diferent.

About the autopit, it have been said many times before that is recomended to don´t use it, but we will check everything again. I am sorry for those who had that problem pitting in.

I think i had it on 10 tracks already. Like i said it's bugged it doesn't happen all the time when you try it.
But thats not the reason because Thor didn't used it. :smile:

And the Forecast said it was going to rain, so you could know. :smile:
And last week it rained in Bahrain. :wink:

Awesome race guys.........I had great fun from the beginning till the end
I knew I did not have the pace as it is only 2 days of a couple of hours of testing I had....
but again great race....only 1/4 or 1/5 of the race I was really lonely
but all the time I had someone to challenge
Great race with Neil, sorry about some hits buddy.....I think this car does not like braking to late haha :)
and great battle with John......awesome

qualified 16th, finished 9th...glad with that

i was just home in time to see the broadcast. Really enjoyed it again as always. Thanks organizers for bringing Thursday Night Live back :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 185 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.0%