Live for Speed

Live for Speed (with many updates)

Got this email earlier regarding version 0.6B with many updates and improvements. The tyre physics model are still in development but it seems they made some headway.

"Some new things in 0.6B :-

• New free view mode and layout editor - not bounded by the path
  • Improved collisions with objects, barriers, cars, pit garage exit
  • Open track configurations allowing you to drive anywhere
  • You can now place up to 800 objects to create circuits
  • Blue flags, qualifying, race positions list are supported
  • New objects added - all objects available at all tracks
  • New objects added - all objects available at all tracks
  • Graphical optimisations improving frame rates
  • Adjustable tyre warmers for hot lapping
  • Many other fixes and improvements
What I can't believe is that there are no real interest by other members in this forum to have a few club races. LFS is great fun and has the best game live tracking system out there (the only one I think)...

In anycase just thought I'd post that for incase you haven't seen it...

My team is currently co-organising the so-called "GT2 World Series". I could enter a RaceDepartment entry for licenced racers here who want to experience some organised endurance racing. The league has started today so there is only the opportunity of a mid-season join. 4 Races are left, and if we get at least 3 drivers I'd do all the background stuff. If someone is intersted please write a PM to me. Moreover I only accept licensed racers.

The cars we race there are FZR: 21% - FXR: 24% - XRR: 25% (percentages give the intake restriction) All tracks are configurations which are available since the new patch.

Hi guys,

I currently own the demo and am loving it with my G27 - it works a treat with the shifter. However I am having trouble with the flappy paddles and gearing. It seems that I have to lift off the throttle when trying to gear up? Is there anyway of fixing this so I don't need to lift off the accelerator?

Thanks.

Hi guys,

I currently own the demo and am loving it with my G27 - it works a treat with the shifter. However I am having trouble with the flappy paddles and gearing. It seems that I have to lift off the throttle when trying to gear up? Is there anyway of fixing this so I don't need to lift off the accelerator?

Thanks.

I think this happens when you play with auto clutch switched on in your driver options. Try turning it off, and see if that fixes the problem.

Hi guys,

Thanks.

Is it in the FBM? If so then its down to the fact it uses a dog box, so you need to lift the throttle to unload the box so it can change gear, just like in the real formula BMW car ;)

I 'm sorry for the lack of presence here :( about the GT2 World Series stuff. I want to say sorry here.
Btw: If you're not that often in the International Forums, MoE returns for its 24h race only this year. There are several drivers currently searching for a team. So you might want to take a look here.

Again I'm sorry about the GT2WS stuff, and that I promised stuff I was not able to realise.

Ive been around LFS for a long time and i know that once S3 is out no one that used to play it will even try it because they've promised these updates now for nearly 3 years and nothing has come out of it. They're going to have to be revolutionary updates to make me and people i know go back to it

Not sure its smart what they do. To update it again.
Kunos with changing from Netkar to AC did the right job imo. LFS is to old to update again, and that will work against them (graphic and physic wise)
But offcourse money can be a issue also. That they cant invest in a new game. But i doubt that.

Maybe LFS is modular and they dont need to start from scratch like Kunos. They take a part out, upgrade it, and put it back into the matrix.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%