Old ETS 2 Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
SCS Software has released quite some videos of their upcoming Euro Truck Simulator 2 project the last couple of months and today they added one with a few glimpses of nature in the game.

Truck simulations are not often covered by sim racing blogs and websites but this game might change that. No its not about racing but true simulation fans will love it for the real driving experience, the game environment, the fine details of the models and the ambient traffic that gives you the impression of you being a real lorry driver.

We think this game will be pretty awesome. Would you like to be informed more often about this upcoming simulation here on the RD news? Leave your comments below!

Attachments

• trucks.jpg
    trucks.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 6,080
It's update time, people! And this time we're in for a treat, as SCS Software gives us our first good impression of what Euro Truck Simulator 2 will look like :)

To transform the static image below into a video, move your cursor over it and apply pressure on your mouse with your left finger until you hear *click*.

Perhaps you'd appreciate this complementary video of a sound recording session, too.

We shall await more goodies regarding this rather exquisite looking game that is to be Euro Truck Simulator 2. Woo!

Wow! I had no idea they were working on a sequel :)

I tried the first one, and the UK truck sim and really disliked the monotony of the motorways with not much to look at, but this looks outstanding!

I do hope though that they don't compress the roads down as much as they did before. If it takes 2-2.5 hours to drive from Birmingham to London, then I'd hope for it to take that time in game, but doing it in 20 mins of playtime just doesn't feel right. I know real routes can be done as the London to Brighton route for Train simulator 2012 has it bang on accurate.

Perhaps technically not doable.

have two sets of assets, compressed and not? :p

wonder if it's moddable. I'd like to think all key elements along the road are there, it's just a matter of adding the bits between junctions?

i recall on the first one, being on the motorway and having to brake and drop gears for a seriously sharp turn! aside from on/off ramps I don't think i've ever driven a motorway in the UK that does that :p it's like they literally traced the routes then scale the whole thing down in length... so i wonder if that same method could be used to enlarge it again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 142 7.5%