How many monitors do you use to race?

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
Polly time!

We are discussing an interesting issue in the Assetto Corsa forums about triple screens. This raised the question what average RD members use so please take a second to vote on the poll :)

Just one 27" for me by now. I think I will skip the three ones, don't like the gap between them, and go for this::D

curved_monitor.jpg

Upvote 0
I've been reading up a bit on triple monitors and it seems Nvidia cards can't run games on three monitors unless I run SLi with two cards. Anybody able to confirm or deny this? Sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask this.

Upvote 0
Do I need a powerful card to render the gfx or will it just work as a dummy output for the third mon with all the work being done by the first card? I've a gtx 570 that takes up half of my chassi (3 slots), can't fit (nor afford) a identical card on there without running into heat issues and I really don't want another ATi card!

Upvote 0
Do I need a powerful card to render the gfx or will it just work as a dummy output for the third mon with all the work being done by the first card?

I'm pretty sure you can do that with softTH but there is much more of performance hit than if you run off 1 card or Crossfire/SLi.
I'm using an ATI 6790 which works really well as long as at least one monitor has a displayport connection.

Upvote 0
I did use softTH before I got this card. With 2 screens coming off my old ATI 4xxx card and a 3rd monitor running off a cheap old card I picked up for £20.
It took a while to set up but is quite flexible in the way you can use monitors of different sizes and resolutions.

Upvote 0
Ive not long been a member of the triple screen crew, and im never going back to single screen racing, god willing.
I have a Amd HD 7970 running 3 x22" BenQ G2222HDL screen, (Cheep but effective), and its amazing. I highly recommend it!

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 167 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 320 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing