Live for Speed

Its... ALIVE.

Even though LFS is old, it has some of the best physics, it felt good to drive the cars. Although it's hard for me to lap constantly high, the real aliens manage to clock the same times inside thousands, using the best lines I can imagine.

But that what also makes it so challenging. Maybe the news about more content will make it interesting again(Wonder if Scirocco AND Rockingham will be in the same update).

I don't know if this has already been done by anyone but there is a easy way of getting new skins. When you race with people online, the game downloads different skins that other people are using so these skins go into your LFS folder.

so to get these skins all you do is LFS/data/skins_x and copy the files from the skins_x file and paste into the skins_dds file.

I can't see how this is hacking/illegal because the game has downloaded the skin into your file so all your doing is using whats already in there.

LFSCARTLigtSeries_Web.png
LFSCART Light Series 2012 - Schedule

All races use the Formula XR (FOX). Race lengths are scored laps. Road course races will have an extra (unscored) formation lap; Oval Races will have two extra (unscored) formation laps.

Each race distance is the minimum number of laps to exceed 125 miles. Each race will be either its scheduled laps or 2 hours, whichever ends sooner.

Calendar of Events

1. Grand Prix of Blackwood - BL1X_B11 - 11 March 2012
    62 laps - Course lengh 2.071 mi / 3.333 km
  2. Grand Prix of Aston - AS3X_A32 - 18 March 2012
    46 laps - Course Length 2.747 mi / 4.420 km
  3. Kyoto 125 - KY1 - 1 April 2012
    68 laps - Course Length 1.852 mi / 2.980 km
  4. Grand Prix Jamaica - FE2X_F22 - 15 April 2012
    34 laps - Course Length 3.690 mi / 5.939 km
  5. English Grand Prix - SO5 - 29 April 2012
    64 laps - Course Length 1.955 mi / 3.146 km
  6. Japanese Grand Prix - KY2R - 13 May 2012
    40 laps - Course Length 3.193 mi / 5.138 km
Event Timetable

17:20 UTC Qualifying, 20 minutes. Field split into two groups, sessions run concurrently on separate servers.
17:53 UTC Grid Stacking Begins
18:00 UTC Formation Lap Begins

NOTE: Qualifying for the oval will begin at 17:00 UTC, and run for at most 50 minutes to allow anyone to qualify on the single-driver Oval format.

Sign-ups and rulebook can be found (any time soon) in the following section of the LFS-Forum: http://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=265

GT2WS2012%20copy2.png

Calendar

Round 1. 3h of Blackwood GP Track rev. (BL1R) - 28th April 2012
Round 2. 3h of Aston International (AS62) - June 2nd 2012
Round 3. 6h of Fern Bay Black w/ MoE/Boothy Chicane (FE4b) - 7th July 2012
Round 4. 3h of Westhill International (WE1) - 4th August 2012
Round 5. 3h of South City Long (SO4) - 1st September 2012
Round 6. 6h of Kyoto Grand Touring (KY32) - 29th September 2012

Restrictions

FZR: 21%
FXR: 24%
XRR: 25%

Timetable

Pre-qualifying will be between the Sunday and the Tuesday the week before the races.
Qualifying will be Formula One style qualifying, at 1900 UTC on the Friday night before the race.
The races will start from 1900 UTC for 3 hour races, with the two 6h races starting at 1600 UTC.

RaceDepartment Community Team

A quick idea I had... Well I know how it ended last season, but this time I promise to check RD Forums a bit more often. If you are interested to race just tell me. I saved starting number 12 (as in 2012 :p) Car is undecided and Skin will be made when we have a car^^

Errr Thilo, no news about the Kyoto 250 on here? Isn't it one of the few big events, in which you can compete?;)

I'll start last in my #333 Dale Earnhardt Sr. liveried car, hopefully my laptop let's me finish it, I've got a 10th place finish to better!xD

9th place, and more important:

I GOT FL ZOM OMG LOL!:p:D

I was so lucky in the end, I finished 1 place higher than last year(maybe 2 if I was over the before Garbolewski?).

Tons of fun, now bring the 500 on(if it's not on the Le Mans weekend, PLEASE not)!

GT2WS2012%20copy2.png

[...]
RaceDepartment Community Team

A quick idea I had... Well I know how it ended last season, but this time I promise to check RD Forums a bit more often. If you are interested to race just tell me. I saved starting number 12 (as in 2012 :p) Car is undecided and Skin will be made when we have a car^^

Since the first race of the Season is just two weeks away, I just wanted to point it out again. If there are at least 2 people keen on driving the GT2s just say so here! ;)

Yeah... but due to the feature of adding intake restriktions and extra weights a GT2-formula was figured out. We're using FZR /w 21%, FXR /w 24% and XRR /w 25%. The percentages are the intake restrictions - the higher the number, the tinier the diameter of the intake. 0% means the standard GTRs.

LFSCARTLigtSeries_Web.png
LFSCART Light Series 2012
Final standings.
finalpoints_drivers_155.png

finalpoints_teams_874.png
finalpoints_nations_263.png

Also, tonight we do the NDR. Grand Prix of Monaco, because today was the opening day of the reallife one. So if you want to join you can do so by simply attending to the server:

24.05.2012 - The Live for Speed Grand Prix of Monaco BF1 @ SO5r
17:40 UTC - Qualifying 60 minutes
18:45 UTC - Race for 84 laps

Server: & GenR GT1 Challenge

The month of June has arrived. Like the month of March, it is a very special time in the year, so the racing takes a break. Last time it was filled by March Oval Madness "MOM". This time it is all about a non-mainstream dicipline of Live for Speed.

The Autocross Summer will run for five weeks with a weekly change of layouts and two overall classification in different classes:

Class R1: XFG, XRG
Class R2: RB4, XRT, FXO
Class R3: FZ5, RAC
Class R4: LX4, LX6
Class S1: XFR, UFR
Class S2: FOX, FBM
Class S3: MRT

You don't have to focus on one class, you may change cars and classes unlimitedly. To ensure the change of class does not overwrite your old time, this Autocross Summer will use the following name format.

Either XX Tag Nick or XX F.Surname with XX being the class as listed. Since it is Klub Racing it is up to you if you want to show your Real Name or drive under Nicknames. Driving without the Class leading your in-game name will result in the times not being counted.

The classifications will be called "maillot jaune" and "maillot vert". "Maillot jaune" is the sum of all fastest times of a driver in a class and will be awarded to the fastest driver within a class. "Maillot vert" will be awarded to the best overall driver using a point system based on the formula points = 100 x (starters + 0,5 – final position)/starters (NOTE: It will be rounded). These results, based on the class results, will be merged to the overall classification. If a driver is doing multiple classes only the highest amount of points will be taken into account for "maillot vert".

Week 1: 7th June 18:30UTC - 14th June 18:20UTC
Week 2: 14th June 18:30 UTC - 21st June 18:20 UTC
Week 3: 21st June 18:30 UTC - 28th June 18:20 UTC
Week 4: 28th June 18:30 UTC - 5th July 18:20 UTC
Week 5: 5th July 18:20 UTC - 12th July 18:20 UTC

The layouts will be uploaded once the official week it is featured has started.

All up-to-the-speed information can be found at http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1718098.

Hello Live for Speed Racers and fans!

New Dimension Racing is proud to present the 5th annual Kyoto 500-mile race, The Greatest Spectacle in Live for Speed.

This year, several records have already been broken. We've had the most qualifiers (45), the fastest bubble time (36.9950), this year was the first year that the pole time was beaten on bump day (but they still start behind the polesitter!)

Never before has the polesitter won the race. The leader at halfway has never won. The leader at 10 laps to go has won two out of four times.

Join us starting from 16:50 UTC (Time Zone Converter if you need it) for flag-to-flag coverage. Commentary will be provided by Chris Wilkinson, Michael Passingham (Back from "retirement"!) and Thilo Falkenberg. Phil Diaz will provide the technical aspects of the stream.

Stream Viewing Page (incl. tracker)
Stream Only (No tracker)
Tracker
LFS Remote
Host on spdoRacing.com Satellite
Spotter's Guide (by Martin Kapal)
Qualifying Results

Remember, this is also a points-scoring event for the LFSCART Series!

268 laps to see who the 5th name to win the 500 will be!

24H_LFS_Logo1.png

The Announcement
24 Hours of South City

Hello Live For Speed community! I'm pleased to announce you the 24 Hours of South City -event, arranged by SAVAGE SimSports.

The race will be a one-off event, that will take place this fall, at South City Long Reversed (SO4R). The race is 24 hours long and
the race start is rolling. There are two different classes to choose from, TBO and STD. There must be 3 or more drivers per car in the race.
There may be up to 30 cars attending in the race, 15 cars in both classes. If one car class ends up having more than 15 entries,
a pre-qualification will be used to determine who will be allowed to participate in the event.

To participate in the event, please go to the sign-up thread here on LFS Forum and follow the instructions there. Sign-ups have been opened and will close on September 16th 22:00 UTC.

TIMETABLE

Sign-Ups: July 16th 22:00 UTC - September 16th 22:00 UTC

Pre-Qualification (if needed): September 17th (15:00 UTC) - September 23rd (15:00 UTC)

Qualifying: September 30th

Qualifying Session 1 - 15:00 UTC (20 min.)
Qualifying Session 2 - 15:30 UTC (15 min.)

Race: October 6th - October 7th

Gridding starts: 14:45 UTC
Race start: 15:00 UTC approx.

CARS and RESTRICTIONS

TBO

FXO Turbo: 4 % air-intake restriction
RB4 GT: -
XR GT Turbo: 1 % air-intake restriction

STD

XR GT: -
XF GTi: -

To find out more about the event, please go to the event website: www.savage-simsports.com/24h

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 185 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 505 39.0%