2012 Formula One Canadian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grand Prix du Canada
ScreenShot2012-05-26at101929AM.png

ScreenShot2012-05-26at101936AM.png

2012 Standings
2012 Formula One Canadian Grand Prix Preview

Judging by the 07-08-10 i´d say that Hamilton this time should find his way around here quicker then anyone else but with the season looking like this it´s wide open, i won´t even try to predict anything anymore as it´s impossible this year :)

2011 Review,

Nah, Schumacher is gonna win this one. McLaren does have the top speed, but their car is built for high-downforce tracks like Silverstone, so that's when Hamilton will finally get his first win ;) The Mercedes on the other hand is absolutely perfect for Montreal: high top speed, fast in slow corners and very strong traction. And thanks to the Double DRS, which will have a huge effect here, they should get 1-2 in qualifying by a quarter mile.
Schumacher has proven last year (and a few times before) that he's awesome at this track and his bad luck HAS to end now ^^

And my predictions, since I'm not chicken :p

1. Schumacher
2. Rosberg
3. Raikkonen

Pole: Schumacher
Fastest Lap: Schumacher
First DNF: Grosjean - always a safe bet for this one :D

Schumacher will have confidence from getting pole in Monaco, despite the crap that happened in the race, I'm more than sure he will stick it on pole and lead it home to the finish, old style :p.

I'm a bit miffed already that the BBC highlights won't start until about 10.30pm on qualy and race day. It would have made much better sense to screen the race live as it is primetime TV in the UK. And what are they doing? showing the borefest Valenica live. Idiots.

Didn't they just take turns at picking races?

For example like this:

BBC: British GP
Sky: Season opener
BBC: Monaco
Sky: Montreal
BBC: Season finale
Sky: etc.

Because then you can't really blame them for not getting all the good races/getting some bad ones.

Well, picking the ones that BBC can't have.

Edit: Found it:
The BBC will get to pick three races (it has already chosen the British Grand Prix, Monaco and the final race of the season), then Sky will pick three that they will air exclusively, and the process will continue on a turn-by-turn basis. If there is an odd number, that race will fall to Sky.

This may make me unpopular but: I d/l'd sky's coverage over BBC's coverage.
(I have to d/l one or the other, I live in the USA and speed coverage is just awful.)

But I like brundle/croft/davidson/kravitz.

...damon hill kinda sucks tho. (I guess they needed someone to wear crazy floral shirts.)

I dont like Sky really. Its abit over the top for me.
I always watched BCC the last years. So i watch it also this season when they broadcast.
Otherwise i am forced to watch Olav here on RTL 7. Wich is a fun guy but he misses to much of the race. Never understand why they dont put a retired racing driver next to him or something like that.

I never said it was your fault. And you edited your post meaning i can´t possibly know that unless i watch the thread again.
I can´t go back in time and re-write my post now can i ;)
It seemed like you were doubting what I wrote based on the fact that the picks seemed strange to you. But okay, let's stop the bickering here and focus on the matter at hand :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.6%